New Expansion Bid a South Brisbane Team....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
I still think the Sunshine Coast should be putting a bid in. If only the government hadn;t taken the money for Stockland Park away, they would have had an A-class facility and they sure have the numbers.

I know some people favour the Central Queensland bid, but honestly to anyone who has been up through and up to Rockhampton, you know there is sweet FA up that way and nothing in between.

South Brisbane, I don't think there is room just there for another team, maybe a norths devils team or perhaps ipswhich

North Brisbane won't be doing anything they are in bed with the Devil I mean the Broncos.
Ideally I would love to see Sunny Coast and Redcliffe team up.

I know it is an AFL State with the Eagles and Dockers but Perth is probably the right choice. It would make WAMF happy. With the time delay scheduling a live game Friday or Saturday night would work well.

ManlyBacker link said:
I know it is an AFL State with the Eagles and Dockers but Perth is probably the right choice. It would make WAMF happy. With the time delay scheduling a live game Friday or Saturday night would work well.

I'm with you on that one MB.

Having a team in Perth also makes it easier for the NRL to utilise the talent pool over in WA which they aren't doing a great job of at the moment.

master blaster link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=186316.msg312934#msg312934 date=1295826668]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=186316.msg312927#msg312927 date=1295823731]
As long as the Bears dont get in I will be happy - looks like the perth bid is a standout (for TV coverage/rights) and another Qld team is the most sensible.

We dony need another basically Sydney team - there is enough donw here already

Totally agree Wheel. The thought of adding another team to N.S.W and essentially another Sydney team, beggars belief.
Hopefully the independent commission has a little more foresight but with Gallop in charge I'm not holding my breath.
[/quote]if you go by Zorba a few weeks back,he reckons the Bear wont get in,hope he is right.
[/quote]

Because Manly will lose their central coast junior players if the CC team gets in.  We would be lucky to field a team in Matthews and flegg is we didn't have the CC juniors

tookey link said:
[quote author=master blaster link=topic=186316.msg312981#msg312981 date=1295849574]
As long as the Bears dont get in I will be happy - looks like the perth bid is a standout (for TV coverage/rights) and another Qld team is the most sensible.

Totally agree Wheel. The thought of adding another team to N.S.W and essentially another Sydney team, beggars belief.
Hopefully the independent commission has a little more foresight but with Gallop in charge I'm not holding my breath.
[/quote]if you go by Zorba a few weeks back,he reckons the Bear wont get in,hope he is right.
[/quote]

Because Manly will lose their central coast junior players if the CC team gets in.  We would be lucky to field a team in Matthews and flegg is we didn't have the CC juniors
[/quote]

Just lol,serious? im sure they do talent scouting in alot of areas

tookey link said:
[quote author=master blaster link=topic=186316.msg312981#msg312981 date=1295849574]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There would still be players from the Coast that would still be looking for opportunities to play Matthews and U20s. Have heard of players because they didn't get picked for the Central Coast Centurions going to a West Australian Reds trial and getting picked up from there 

A second Brisbane team is clearly the highest expansion priority.

The dirty tricks by News Ltd and the Broncos to bankrupt a second Brissie team need to be predicted and allowed for.  The NRL need to more than offset these tactics ... including taking whatever actions are necessary to disadvantage the Broncos until the dirty tactics stop and the playing field becomes level. 

For obvious reasons Gallop is incapable of doing this.

Rex link said:

The dirty tricks by News Ltd and the Broncos to bankrupt a second Brissie team need to be predicted and allowed for.  The NRL need to more than offset these tactics ... including taking whatever actions are necessary to disadvantage the Broncos until the dirty tactics stop and the playing field becomes level. 

If the NRL had a backbone they would do this:
From memory at the moment teams are invited to play in the comp and if the Broncos pull the **** they did back in the SL war the NRL simply kick's them out of the comp.

Shane link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186316.msg313123#msg313123 date=1295927168]

[/quote]

Because Manly will lose their central coast junior players if the CC team gets in.  We would be lucky to field a team in Matthews and flegg is we didn't have the CC j
uniors
[/quote]

Just lol,serious? im sure they do talent scouting in alot of areas
[/quote]

Yes but Manly do the bulk of their matthews and flegg scouting on the central coast.  I believe that there is somehting approaching 20 cc players who play in these 2 grades for Manly.

They train in a local gym several days a week on the coast and come down for a couple of days training as well at Narrabeen.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186316.msg313225#msg313225 date=1296005211]

If the NRL had a backbone they would do this:
From memory at the moment teams are invited to play in the comp and if the Broncos pull the s**t they did back in the SL war the NRL simply kick's them out of the comp.
[/quote]the NRL don`t even look after the grass roots  country areas like the ARL did,, gallop is f%$#@&d  not apoligising for that 1.

This Brisbane bid apparently has the backing of the Thoroughbreds which will have the Broncos front office quaking in their boots.

I withraw my earlier statement. It looks decently legit, with 3 of the owners of the Broncos selling out and getting behind this bid. Its a couple of Thoroughbreds at this point, but thats not to say more won't come along if it gets up. If they come up with a solid business plan and can get some fan support in the next 2 months they will have to be a front runner. Here is an article in SMH about the bid

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/former-broncos-backer-seeks-to-get-second-brisbane-nrl-team-20110126-1a5f8.html

By the sound of things there will definately be an additonal Qld team as it is an imperative for TV rights, while the NRL CEOs I recall threw their support behind the WA bid late last year.  Surely this the Fat Lady must be getting her throat ready for theNorth Sydney bid.

Got to be WA for sure, TV slot is perfect and we know who runs this game! CQ, Bris#2,Ipswich would have to be all in front of the Bears in my view. Even looking at it all objectively I just can't see the Bears in front of anyone.

blitzkrieg link said:
Got to be WA for sure, TV slot is perfect and we know who runs this game! CQ, Bris#2,Ipswich would have to be all in front of the Bears in my view. Even looking at it all objectively I just can't see the Bears in front of anyone.

I used to think CC Bears and Perth cause CC had the best bid put together and I just don't see CQ happening in this expansion, cause there is holes and I son't see a lot of top players agreeing to live in Rockhampton for 3 years.
Now that Ipswich and South Brisbane are involved it has to be one of those 2 and Perth

The Wheel link said:
Surely this the Fat Lady must be getting her throat ready for theNorth Sydney bid.

If norths bid doesn't win does that mean they will refund the CCB membership fees that you paid wheel?

In my opinion, the only way that the NSW Central Coast should get a team is if one of the far to many Sydney teams relocates to it.

As for a second Brisbane team, I'm with Ant80 on his suggestion regarding that the Sunny Coast and Redcliffe should team up. The Sunshine Coast Dolphins sounds good to me. Brisbane doesn't need a team on the south. The Titans cover that area. North of Brisbane there is nothing except for the Cowboys. If there were to be no CQ team then the Sunshine Coast/Redcliffe should have a team to represent that northern area.

I can't see a comp controlled by News Ltd allowing a team to compete against a team News Ltd Owns.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
I can't see a comp controlled by News Ltd allowing a team to compete against a team News Ltd Owns.
you can & you did already STH QLD CRUSHERS..  that failed i cant see how just over a decade has made a difference..  they  are going back wards..  i knw they also had a team in WA    that failed ,  but i think now they are more ready then CC  or STH QLD  cc has to compete with all them clubs already entrnched in the nrl from nsw & a 4th team in queensland is too much  .. next team involved in expansion has to be away from the east coast of australia

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7