New Feature: Tagging system

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Everyone,

I have implemented a tagging system in the forums. It is in beta and still has a few things to work out. I want to monitor it's usage and make sure there is no abuse.

What is it?
This feature, allows you to tag another user, much like in Facebook. When you tag them, that user will receive a PM and their name will be linked within the post, and the link will take you to their profile

Why?
Well I want this forum to be a social place, not just discussion, one of my goals is to unite as many fans as possible, forge friendships and create a good environment for all Manly fans. I know that I have met some life long friends through this site, and others have too. I want others to share that experience

How does it work?
It's simple, in your post if you want to tag someone you simply do the following

@ [username]

Without the space between the @[username]

This will then tag that user and they will get a PM about this.

For example @[Daniel]

What if I don't want to be tagged, or don't want specific people to tag me?
You have the option to choose whether you receive tags at all, only your buddies tag you, or whether everyone can do this. As always the settings are in your UserCp

Enjoy and as always your feedback is welcome

Dan

@[The Who] no mate, it's just a good way to get a users attention and to make sure they are alerted to a topic about them or directed at them.

Kind of like you would use in Twitter or Facebook.

Speaking of Oz Tag, I have my grand final on Wednesday :)

Fonz said:
Chip and chase is the grand final, i dare ya!

@[Fonz] Can't chip mate. Has to be below shoulders. Set up a beauty the other week with a kick though, 10 metres out drilled it through players to pop up straight into one of my players hands and he went over in the corner. I have had to move from hooker to more of a halves role this season so learning some more tricks

@[Daniel] Oh yeah i forgot about that. Sounds like a sweet move. Maybe you could try a lawnmower then. Grubber it sideways off the outside of your boot. Like a lawnmower blade. It'll ark around the sit up and start to go back the other way. My favourite hog manouver!

Thats a fantastic feature.

Is there any way of being notified that your comment or post has been liked/disliked? Could be another indicator to keep a topic rolling.

Dan - 99% of the time I view Silvertails via Tapatalk. Tagging doesn't seem to work with this iPhone app. Any suggestions??

RE: New FeatuTagging system

Mals said:
Dan - 99% of the time I view Silvertails via Tapatalk. Tagging doesn't seem to work with this iPhone app. Any suggestions??

Ironically, this post is where tagging would work like a charm.

I suggest staying inside next to your computer.

Ok, ok I'll tag Dan for you.

@[Daniel]

:)

edit: never mind, Dan was too quick. lol

hmm I need to upgrade tapatalk so I will do that soon, that should help

globaleagle said:
Mals said:

Ironically, this post is where tagging would work like a charm.

I suggest staying inside next to your computer.

Ok, ok I'll tag Dan for you.

@[Daniel]

:)

Cheers GE, you know how terrific my tagging of you has been over the past couple of years... haha :D

I just ran an update on tapatalk, forums and the tagging pluggin, please let me know if it works now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4