new forum: lets hammer it to see how it stands up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Righto guys had a few people access the test forum and it seems to have a big thumbs up so far.

So now I want everyone to jump on there and hammer it. Post posts, replies and snoop around and see what you can find.

A wealth of new features especially around the profiles.

I haven't finished the design properly yet but it's certainly at a respectable level that will allow it to be tested by all

http://www.silvertails.net/mybb

oh you can use your current username and password too

thoughts?

Ill go hammer it and hopefully youve nailed it, unless there is some spanner in the works, in which case ill screw the bastard and wrench out his plumbing.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Ill go hammer it and hopefully youve nailed it, unless there is some spanner in the works, in which case ill screw the bastard and wrench out his plumbing.

whilst you're doing that, i'll keep chiseling away at it

HMMM I had the pliers out trying to change my avatar, not many to choose from, but I got my own up

Post  automatically merged: [time]1302077900[/time]

oops we broke it

nah it was me. Just trying to lighten up some code that I have written

no, your current username and password should work.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1302078620[/time]

Remember this is only a test forum, so make sure you are staying here for normal stuff

can't seem to log on still :(  saying incorrect password!

and the email address connected with my account is no longer...

make sure that you update those details on this site here over the next few days before I do the transfer. Otherwise your account may get lost.

This is only a test site, so don't worry too much yet, but I will be doing the transfer next week,t hat transfer will be taken off of the latest data on this site at the time.

email has been updated here.

i tried to request my password to be sent, but saying my email is not valid...?

anyways i like the look of the new forum

give it a go by logging in to the front page at

http://www.silvertails.net/ and then going to the forum URL

Tested it on my iPhone, looks very nice. Had no troubles with logging in or posting.

Had a poke around on the full version as well & it was great. Nice job Dan.

If you want a real test wait till we get done by 30 against the Sharks on Saturday and then go live with it.

ditch the star ratings thing on the index, would add more space for thread titles to look less cluttered. the like function seems to also add more clutter to the posts. is there an option in any way to maybe have the choice of viewing it in full screen? or having the vitals in the right column perhaps above the forum and losing the right column for the forums? (these days with monitors getting bigger, i see loads of empty space on each side, could be utilised to unclutter it? though understand not everyone has big screens) just my thoughts, other than the cluttered feel, all seems good to me.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6