new forum: lets hammer it to see how it stands up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cheers mate some good feedback. I tend to agree somewhat with them, however the thread rating is something I want to start pushing with the new forum, let us really see which threads are good, bad ugly worth while and help with moving and locking them. With that said, I can easily curl that into the thread tile column with small stars so that would manage both.

As for the like unlike. It does clutter things up but it is something I actually also really wanted to add. Again geared towards positive feedback and positive generation of threads.

It gives us more of an ability to see what people like with what we are posting and what they don't and really helps better content generation. Again with that said, there is no reason we can't tidy it up more and unclutter things a bit.

I am also going to be adding a "Facebook" and "twitter" link to posts so if you like a post you can click like and it goes to your facebook. This is more to help the site with getting more exposure and users.

Hope that explains it all a little. If you don't agree with it or have other ideas, please let me know. The site after all is here for you, the users and not for my own gratification.

Dan

we finished there now, did you get what you needed there

Post  automatically merged: [time]1302130564[/time]

just went back there & at the bottom it shows Who's Online
Google, Berkeley_Eagle

Yeah it is being indexed by the Google bot.

Still going to keep it up over the weekend etc and then do the transfer sometime next week.

if you can shrink those rating stars, would be better. personally if the topic reads interesting enough to me, ill open it. i dont think id be swayed at all if a topic has 5 stars and doesnt read like it'd be of interest. if you think it helps, then go for it, it wont stop me coming here or anything! cleaner the better for me, makes it quick and easy to do what you want without distraction. (im no good at a carnival. too many flashing lights amd gimmicks suck me in and empty my wallet, or is that my kids?)

Yep Supernintendo Chalmers I will work on that once we are up and running. :)

I should have done it before hand but I can easily knock up the change pretty quickly in a test install and move it across

Is there some way you can recognise Ryan's mood and just censor the ridiculous pessimistic ones?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Is there some way you can recognise Ryan's mood and just censor the ridiculous pessimistic ones?

CERN are working on it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6