New Forum -> opinions, thoughts and other features

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the new small yellow the new small yellow
jump.gif
is less intrusive now great job

yeah I think it fits in nicely too wanted a small grey one but couldn't find a suitable one.

Also created this page

http://www.silvertails.net/others/change-your-username

so people can now change their usernames

Daniel said:
Also created this page

Just a suggestion but it might be a good idea to make that link a "Sticky" or add the link to the main menu banner at the top of the page :)

Daniel said:
I turned off subscribe for everyone so not sure why you were still getting them unless you subscribed to threads. This feature is exactly the same as the old forum.

The red NEW tells you the thread has new posts. I am going to find another new button similar to the old forums
The red "new" button is the forum's best new feature, particularly when
used with the mark forum read selection. But I doubt many people understand what it's for. It's not very intuitive.

Dan, why not dump the "new" button altogether, and instead make selecting the thread do exactly the same as if you'd pressed the "new" icon? i.e. default to the last read position. It's rare that people would want to go back to the start of a thread they're already read, surely? Make this navigation to the start of a read thread the exception rather than the rule.

Love the new forum, it is VERY snappy now and that was the main issue with the old one. The mobile version on the iphone is better then using tapatalk to the point where i don't really use my computer to read/post anymore.

Jethro said:
Daniel said:
Also created this page

I tried to implement that but there is a quirk in the system where it doesn't open the post if there are no new posts in there, so I dumped the idea of having the thread take you directly there for another day.

Just a suggestion but it might be a good idea to make that link a "Sticky" or add the link to the main menu banner at the top of the page :)

Yeah agreed, it is in the website feedback forum, but I haven't refreshed the menu on the forums as it's a manual process. Will do it later today

Rex said:
Daniel said:
I turned off subscribe for everyone so not sure why you were still getting them unless you subscribed to threads. This feature is exactly the same as the old forum.

The red NEW tells you the thread has new posts. I am going to find another new button similar to the old forums
The red "new" button is the forum's best new feature, particularly when
used with the mark forum read selection. But I doubt many people understand what it's for. It's not very intuitive.

Dan, why not dump the "new" button altogether, and instead make selecting the thread do exactly the same as if you'd pressed the "new" icon? i.e. default to the last read position. It's rare that people would want to go back to the start of a thread they're already read, surely? Make this navigation to the start of a read thread the exception rather than the rule.

torana355 said:
Love the new forum, it is VERY snappy now and that was the main issue with the old one. The mobile version on the iphone is better then using tapatalk to the point where i don't really use my computer to read/post anymore.

cheers mate, it should only improve too

Berkeley_Eagle said:
noticed last nite a lot of peoples avatars are not displaying, I had to redo mine as well

Yes unfortunately I had to run a clean up script and it found the avatars as "Orphaned" and removed them for some stupid reason.

I am going to remove that part of the cleanup script

Can we give mata his own forum so he can flog watmough on that one, and give Darren one to run his Brett Stewart posts in ?

or for Kiwi to stick up for NZ players, even when they play crap. He has a cousin on the manchester united soccer site who literally will search out for you and kill you if you bag any Serbian player in any league. JWH 's form must be killing him. :rolleyes:;)

Which players would they be mate, throw a name or 2 at me ? Or are you still upset I wasnt writing Matai off when you were ?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6