New NRL ad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lloydy

Reserve Grader
I just watched the new ad and I wasn't sure if it was for the whole NRL or just the Roosters.
Manly get half a second(Cross throwing the ball in the air after a try) and Roosters get about a minute of coverage.

Man i just watch it - Even the sharkies and storm get more air time than us , we got about 1 second if that
I agree 100 % (typical NRL)

Just watched the ad via the NRL website. Why is Carney in the ad? "The Sunday Telegraph is reporting that Carney has been removed from the NRL's 2011 launch plans for Wednesday night". This should include him not being in the ad just like they did with Brett!!

What annoys me more is the NRL spend sh!t loads on getting overseas bands to to front the campaigns when they should stick to using Aussie bands.

That's My team from Hoodoo Gurus was the best campaign they have had for a bloody long time imo

I'm glad we're not featured in it. Sports ads are tacky. I'm sure this one is no different.

Using faded 80s rock stars in search of a superannuation bill is desperate.  I guess it's better than Hoodoo Gurus or Chumbawambah though.  All pretty sad though.

Why do they bother with these adverts.  People who watch league will watch it.  I bet there are very few who will watch the game because of a TV advert.

Put the money into junior development and country football instead.  Far better used there.

From a branding perspective I understand why they do it however the days of above the line campaigns of this nature are limited

Why not spend the money on effective 1:1 communication? The money spent on the TVC's for one night would fund a digital strategy for the year

lsz link said:
From a branding perspective I understand why they do it however the days of above the line campaigns of this nature are limited

Why not spend the money on effective 1:1 communication? The money spent on the TVC's for one night would fund a digital strategy for the year
Yes, but rugby league is still populated by old men who think the internet is for trapeze artists.

saw the ad for the first time last night, wow we got a nano second of footage, but it would be hard in only a minute of ad time, what I would like to see is that they make 16 each club ads for clubs to show at there own grounds & maybe one that goes the full length of the whole song

They should have got Slash to pen something when he was in OZ a while ago. Something like this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJs-IBURFY8

Ordinary. Beyond that I am speechless that they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars for that......and it is for 3 years.......speechless

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2