New recruits and their official player numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MWRLFC

Last night eight players made their debut with the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

According to the tradition of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club extending back to 1947 when the Sea Eagles’ first Captain Max Whitehead (player number 1) ran on to the field, each player is given their one-off, unique player number.

The Football Club has written to each player congratulating them and informing them of their number.

This is one of the important traditions of our Club and each player can feel a great deal of pride to have their name and individual number added to a list that includes the likes of Ken Arthurson, Terry Randall, Steve Menzies and of course Cliff Lyons who presented the new players with their jerseys on Thursday.

They are:

Lewis Brown - 574
Nathan Green - 575
Apisai Koroisau - 576
Nate Myles - 577
Martin Taupau - 578
Dylan Walker - 579
Matt Parcell - 580
Siosaia Vave - 581

Every first grade/NRL player, their debut year and player number is listed each year in the Annual Report of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club which can be found on our website.

Steve Sapsford
Company Secretary
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club

Has it always been starting 13 get preference over bench players in next available number ? I thought it was just pure alphabetical order if more than 1 player debuts in a match.

@MWRLFC - Steve I notice the player numbers that were published have changed between 2012 and 2013. Different order and some extra players added in, which has changed ALL the previous player numbers that were listed. I notice the only one that you have not changed the original number for is Jason Annear (#543).

What precipitated that renumbering ?? did you do an audit of previous players and team lists or something ?? Hopefully no one got a tattoo based on your original numbering, ala Michael Slater

Guys, I know I should know this...but if you played for Manly, AND The Northern Eagles....is it the same team? I was having this debate, because a bloke told me Beaver played for two clubs?

Northern Eagles games/stats don't count as Manly stats if that's what you are asking. Beaver (and others) have officially played for 2 different clubs.

Guys, I know I should know this...but if you played for Manly, AND The Northern Eagles....is it the same team? I was having this debate, because a bloke told me Beaver played for two clubs?
I think you had to be registered by your footy Club, as the Franchise licence encompassed the two FC Clubs.

Beaver had a contract with Manly during the NE days and was paid by them etc.

Our Club has been lobbying the NRL to amalgamate his records, but they won't due to Manly not being the licence holder at that time.

So Beaver has played for 3 licence entities but only one FC in Australia.
2v for 2 licence entities but one FC etc

Last edited:
@MWRLFC - Steve I notice the player numbers that were published have changed between 2012 and 2013. Different order and some extra players added in, which has changed ALL the previous player numbers that were listed. I notice the only one that you have not changed the original number for is Jason Annear (#543).

What precipitated that renumbering ?? did you do an audit of previous players and team lists or something ?? Hopefully no one got a tattoo based on your original numbering, ala Michael Slater
This was due to an audit back in 2013 according to the FC.

Current Annual Report has all the audited players for the past 69 years.
http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/annual-reports

MWDRLFC-2015 Player Numbers.JPG

I believe there was an audit done around 2012 by David Middleton and missing players were added in.

Any questions please let me know

Steve
Do you know how the numbering system works for the Northern Eagles / Manly players. I see you consider 2002 a Manly season not a NE one.

I can't work out Tony Jensen, you have him debuting in 2001 and he has been allocated a number based on that, but he didn't play in 2002 did he ?? Played again in 2003. Exact same situation as Ben Walker but he gets a number based on his 2003 "debut" although he played in 2001 and not 2002 as well.

One other quick thing for next years annual report, all the debut years in the second last column seem to have moved up by one spot relative to the player they are intended for, from about player 400 onwards.

Another question- if you only played for Northern Eagles eg Jason Taylor etc are you recognized as a Manly player

Do you know how the numbering system works for the Northern Eagles / Manly players. I see you consider 2002 a Manly season not a NE one.

I can't work out Tony Jensen, you have him debuting in 2001 and he has been allocated a number based on that, but he didn't play in 2002 did he ?? Played again in 2003. Exact same situation as Ben Walker but he gets a number based on his 2003 "debut" although he played in 2001 and not 2002 as well.

One other quick thing for next years annual report, all the debut years in the second last column seem to have moved up by one spot relative to the player they are intended for, from about player 400 onwards.
There must be a lot of anxious tattooees and tattooists out there ...

Another question- if you only played for Northern Eagles eg Jason Taylor etc are you recognized as a Manly player
Refer to my post above re the Joint Venture Franchise Licence with the NRL.

Each partner signed/kept their own personnel, paid them from their Franchise allocation of funds, reported on them in the relevan Club's Annual Report....

JT was a Bear employee in the JV years :p

There must be a lot of anxious tattooees and tattooists out there ...
Agree totally. Given the prevalence of tattoos among the younger NRL players these days I'm betting at least one of them has had his player number tattooed somewhere. That'd be an awkward moment reading the FC Annual Report and realising you've been duped.

Anyway I have heard on the grapevine that the MWSE are going to come up with their own player numbering system based on the hexadecimal system. Next player to debut will be player number 0x246.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6