New Regime Botched Halves Negotiations Says Phil Sidney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice to get an alternative view, some of which has previously been stated - rather than the 'Ministry of Information' view emanating from the Penterskelly faction.

And the Penns would have us believe the opposite story. Somewhere is the truth but no one will share it and the supporters are left to deal with the sht aftermath. They've all turned a once powerful, proud club into a laughing stock.

Time to move on, surely?
The facts are that we will have money to spend to build up our squad in positions that will become vacant in the next year or such, such as our two great centres, which we wouldn't have had if we'd had paid over the odds for Evans and Foran.
The last two matches have shown me that whoever plays for Manly will give 100%, regardless of their salary or reputation. That's all we want - players who want to play with us and who give it their all.
There is a new generation of good players in our Under 20s, so the future does not rest solely on Evans and Foran.

It is pathetic, i am over it. Simply put the mwse football club needs to get club back.
The damage is done we have let go a once in generation halfs pair. we produced sorry but kelly looks like a idiot so far he has produced a resigning of matai and luke burgess.
So far since kelly lost champion halfs, lost main sponsor at end of year, under mining coach, approaching brown and arthur to keep foran, the crowds dropped brookie looks like wade park orange.
He has zero idea i can see, so where are the world class replacements? All i can see is we are in market for t burgess?
I am making most of this year but have not confidence moving forward to next season, will he **** up tom t contract upgrade he is due for new deal end of on 2016? I really am over the joint in regard to mangement.
Well done scott penn, simply put what the dragons fans are demand answers.
Zorba you fat **** you have blood on your hands, go jump on the parra bus with choc and find a ditch.

I think Scott Penn is a decent bloke. I have seen him a number of times around manly with his kids and he is always happy to say hello and have a chat. He has always been very polite. Joe Kelly must have some talent if he worked for Chelsea etc. etc.

However since they both took over and granted it's only 6 months the place had gone backwards significantly. No matter what spin they put around losing dce and foran it is an absolute and total disgrace.

They really need to step up soon as the pressure is now on.

This article just highlights the total dysfunction that the club has been in. The club has to learn from this and move on, whats done is done I am afraid.

person who lost all their power reviewing current situation: "I would have done things differently and also better!"

please **** off Quantum.

THE real reason why Manly lost Glenn Stewart last year was the club’s decision to upgrade and extend the contract of Jamie Buhrer instead.

And why did that happen? Because Buhrer is best mates with Daly Cherry-Evans and it was seen as a tactic to help keep the boom halfback at Brookvale.

At the same time Stewart was informed his services were no longer required, which led to the current turmoil, Buhrer was offered and signed a new three-year contract.

According to sources, the decision to go for Buhrer ahead of Stewart was made by recruitment boss and director Phil Sidney along with coach Geoff Toovey.

The money they could have saved by offloading Buhrer would have been enough to keep Stewart at Brookvale Oval for another two years. But they misread the situation.

The knock-on effect was that Anthony Watmough and Kieran Foran left because of the way Stewart was treated by the club.

And not even Buhrer’s mateship with Cherry-Evans was enough to stop the halfback from joining the Gold Coast Titans.

A snippet above from the DT written by Rothfield stating they offered Bruher an extension and upgrade as bait to keep Chez and let Gifty go which was masterminded by Tooves and the Recruitment Boss.

Who do you believe?

Cant really blame the club for the Manly's old guard and DCE not getting on. Snake the most influential player of the last 8 years against DCE the most influential player on the next 8 years. Which way do you go?
Would you want the club to pay 1.2 mil for Foran??

Upgrading and keeping Buhrer was a no brainer. To think that we wouldn't have tried to keep him if we thought DCE was going anyway is ridiculous.
Agree. It just amazes or should I say amuses me to think the media twist what could be the truth to continuously put the club and coach down and yet the same media reports earlier that Tooves had no involvement in player retention nor did he stand up for his players and the Penns had no power, by way of voting rights, to overrule the former board.

All BULLS**T to me.

Sour grapes Sidney. Of course the team needs some rebuilding, every club goes through it after success and we have been lucky to have it for 10 straight years. We have some awesome talent coming through and what's even more exciting is they are passionate Manly juniors and have openly admitted they love it here. I am not buying into his doom and gloom.

A snippet above from the DT written by Rothfield stating they offered Bruher an extension and upgrade as bait to keep Chez and let Gifty go which was masterminded by Tooves and....

Who do you believe?

That was pretty obvious at the time. Funny how it comes up again now. Although we shouldn't be surprised, after all Bellylaugh proxies Buzzba and Bullba are merely doing the bidding of Zorba in all this.

THE real reason why Manly lost Glenn Stewart last year was the club’s decision to upgrade and extend the contract of Jamie Buhrer instead.

And why did that happen? Because Buhrer is best mates with Daly Cherry-Evans and it was seen as a tactic to help keep the boom halfback at Brookvale.

At the same time Stewart was informed his services were no longer required, which led to the current turmoil, Buhrer was offered and signed a new three-year contract.

According to sources, the decision to go for Buhrer ahead of Stewart was made by recruitment boss and director Phil Sidney along with coach Geoff Toovey.

The money they could have saved by offloading Buhrer would have been enough to keep Stewart at Brookvale Oval for another two years. But they misread the situation.

The knock-on effect was that Anthony Watmough and Kieran Foran left because of the way Stewart was treated by the club.

And not even Buhrer’s mateship with Cherry-Evans was enough to stop the halfback from joining the Gold Coast Titans.

A snippet above from the DT written by Rothfield stating they offered Bruher an extension and upgrade as bait to keep Chez and let Gifty go which was masterminded by Tooves and the Recruitment Boss.

Who do you believe?
G'day all,Yet another article attempting to smear the reputation of DCE and Toovey by the agents of the real poison in the club.It has now become so blatant that any semblance of credibility the new management might of had is rapidly diminishing.As I've said before the non attacks on Foran and his behaviour speaks volumes about the vendetta being waged.
cheers mike

Foran almost left to join des 3 years ago and dragged the club through the mud for most of 2012 thinking about it. There was no gift excuse then.
Contrary to the myth, the guy is chronically fickle and wishy washy. He's sacrificed himself to a club that is similarly lacking depth and conviction. He should do well there, until they realise sometime in the first half of 2016 that he's not the saviour who's gonna rescue them from years of mediocrity. That's when 'karma' is really gonna kick in for poor Foz.
As is always the case out there, they'll be looking for a scapegoat and the solid but unexceptional guy who will be sitting on a massive proportion of their salary cap will be their man. Can't say I'll feel sorry for him.

G'day all,Yet another article attempting to smear the reputation of DCE and Toovey by the agents of the real poison in the club.It has now become so blatant that any semblance of credibility the new management might of had is rapidly diminishing.As I've said before the non attacks on Foran and his behaviour speaks volumes about the vendetta being waged.
cheers mike

Namaste, Mike,

Could not agree more! If they don't get their act together, I too, am off to the Titans.

Serious.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4