New Season: A New Hope

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, I know we've finished ninth this season, which most certainly isn't bad. Not at all.

That being said, this has been my most unsatisfying year ever as an Eagles fan. It just felt that the passion for our jersey, from the owners, down to the players, down to the fans has been lost somewhat.

That being said, what has been done, has been done. The decisions about our future have been executed, and there is really nothing we can do about it.

The players who are negative about playing here, negative about Toovey, negative about being told to look elsewhere are gone, or are going.

The most exciting time for me as a fan of this club, when I was most passionate, was when we finished 12th, 14th, 11th etc directly after Manly decided to be Manly again - players like Jye Mullane, Scott Donald, Nick Bradley-Kolilara played for us - but boy, they loved playing for us and put their balls on the line every time they hit the park.

It's not just about wins. It's about culture and passion, and everyone pulling in the same direction including the fans.

For that reason, regardless of who put on the jersey, the coaches hat, or the owners bow tie, lets get behind them, support them & hope for the best - these are the people that have given up their lives to be part of Manly, and to be successful (whatever their background may be).

As fans, regardless of whether I agree or disagree with decisions made about the machine knows as The Manly Sea Eagles, this is still my club, worthy of membership and support - they've entertained me forever - they deserve that loyalty.

We will have a fresh coach with new ideas. New players from this years team in Buhrer, Lawrence, Gutherson, Myles, Green, Wright, Lussick, Koroisou, Pearcell and others.

Guess what, they'll all be pulling on our old faithful maroon and white. They all want to be successful and win for themselves, their club and us, the fans.

I really, really hope and pray that all of you die hard, loyal supporters continue to be members, and support our kids coming through in the Trbojevic's, Demetriou's, Knight's and all our other lads.

There is a new hope. Things have been reset. It's turning around the debacle of this season on and off the park, that will make the move hopefully back into the finals so much more satisfying.

Be part of it :)

2016 will be the start of a new chapter in this great clubs history
If one and all are going in the same direction the club will and should continue with great success and a another premiership not too far away
Only time will tell in that instance and as Fans /Supporters and Members i'm sure we will all be there cheering

Guys, I know we've finished ninth this season, which most certainly isn't bad. Not at all.

That being said, this has been my most unsatisfying year ever as an Eagles fan. It just felt that the passion for our jersey, from the owners, down to the players, down to the fans has been lost somewhat.

That being said, what has been done, has been done. The decisions about our future have been executed, and there is really nothing we can do about it.

The players who are negative about playing here, negative about Toovey, negative about being told to look elsewhere are gone, or are going.

The most exciting time for me as a fan of this club, when I was most passionate, was when we finished 12th, 14th, 11th etc directly after Manly decided to be Manly again - players like Jye Mullane, Scott Donald, Nick Bradley-Kolilara played for us - but boy, they loved playing for us and put their balls on the line every time they hit the park.

It's not just about wins. It's about culture and passion, and everyone pulling in the same direction including the fans.

For that reason, regardless of who put on the jersey, the coaches hat, or the owners bow tie, lets get behind them, support them & hope for the best - these are the people that have given up their lives to be part of Manly, and to be successful (whatever their background may be).

As fans, regardless of whether I agree or disagree with decisions made about the machine knows as The Manly Sea Eagles, this is still my club, worthy of membership and support - they've entertained me forever - they deserve that loyalty.

We will have a fresh coach with new ideas. New players from this years team in Buhrer, Lawrence, Gutherson, Myles, Green, Wright, Lussick, Koroisou, Pearcell and others.

Guess what, they'll all be pulling on our old faithful maroon and white. They all want to be successful and win for themselves, their club and us, the fans.

I really, really hope and pray that all of you die hard, loyal supporters continue to be members, and support our kids coming through in the Trbojevic's, Demetriou's, Knight's and all our other lads.

There is a new hope. Things have been reset. It's turning around the debacle of this season on and off the park, that will make the move hopefully back into the finals so much more satisfying.

Be part of it :)
I agree with what you write, We need to see the Manly way emerge from the ashes of this season. The tried and true culture has navigated the team through tough times and will get us through again.

What we must have moving forward is every player, coach, official and leadership on the same song sheet and the back biting has to stop now and we need to deal with the issues that we have in getting some clarity about our future, where our home ground will be long term and we need to know the plans urgently.

I think the playing roster is in a good place moving forward and we have some budding youngsters waiting to come in and I think we will be back as a force before you know it.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Yeah.....no

Totally disillusioned with the club I've loved my whole life

**** that fat ****peice of a family that owns this place, i want nothing but them permanently gone

After all of this i can't say if I'll watch next year or not, i didn't watch the northern Eagles and this is an even worse perversion of a brilliant club than the sister ****ing that was that merge

Predictions for 2016 Manly's season.
Finish-6th
Best player-DCE
Top try scorer-Tom Trbojevic
Best buy-Koroisau
Most improved-Koroisau
Best forward-Jake Trbojevic
Bets back-DCE
Captaincy given to DCE for 2017
Koroisau goal kicker
Signings-Tom Burgess, Williams or Keary to sign, another big name forward aswell

Yeah.....no

Totally disillusioned with the club I've loved my whole life

**** that fat ****peice of a family that owns this place, i want nothing but them permanently gone

After all of this i can't say if I'll watch next year or not, i didn't watch the northern Eagles and this is an even worse perversion of a brilliant club than the sister ****ing that was that merge
I find it hard to disagree with any of this. However, I will continue to watch next season. Hell I even watched through the NE debacle. Totally disillusioned describes the way I feel perfectly, and I have nothing but disgust for the current administration.

If it's possible the football club really needs to come up with ideas on how to take our club back.

Not a lot of interest shown in the fans by the club this year, I really haven't felt so disconnected from the team for a long while. All the crap with DCE and Foz at the start of the year, the bloodletting over the Gift being let go decision, the continued agenda driving in the media, and all topped off by Tooves being shafted. On field performances didn't help either. I can only hope things improve next year, this one owner model was supposed to solve all our problems.

I notice that MWSE were quick to Tweet a congratulatory message to Jarryd Hayne this morning. I'll expect something way more effusive about G Toovey this afternoon if they have any concept about how this club operates.

All very positive and nice to type up BUT let's face a few facts.

This is a rebuild and we are in phase 1.

Our two centres are absolute legends of the game , however at the end of their powers.

We are short a recognised 5/8 and whomever fills in will just be that.

And we are short a powerful game changing strike forward.

All those will come , but more likely 2017-2018.

I expect a better, more committed year , and I hope the board issues are behind us AND as long as ZtH keeps his sticky fingers out of decisions , who knows we might make the 8.

Bring on the cricket season , Xmas and I've got some Grange Hermitage to open for my 60th birthday in December, and pretty soon it will be footy season again!!

I do think this has been one of the most emotionally exhausting seasons in recent memory. When you take into account the hype surrounding DCE and foran. And that speculation started before the season started, then there was conjecture surrounding Tooves future. Then we had Dce going. Then we had foran going. Then we had dce staying, then we had injuries and media speculation.......it just went on and on and on.

All I will say is thank God for the turbo boys. In a season where at times it was hard to be positive, they both provided a shining light to us fans. And I do believe shamed a few of the more senior players into pulling their fingers out.

I always feel sad to see the season end, and whilst I'll be cheering on today at 4 against the sharks, I will be glad the season is over for us. It really is a case of rest up and come back in 2016 stronger than this year.

I think our roster is going to be even worse next year than this.

That said, I cant tell the difference between The Sharks and The The Knights rosters in 2015 yet they are poles on the ladder.

I predict we should finish somewhere between 3rd to 16th.

I presume if we are 1 win from 5 the coach will be sacked, because its a results driven industry, and the rot will begin again.

Ahhhhh 2015 comp is over. A new day its all about 2016 now.

Let's hope (TB) brings some new energy.

I am hoping for a massive improvement with our goal kicking.

We have seemed lazy as a club in that department.

We have used a few kickers this year. Each time johns had never seen enough kick before or practice regularly?

why would non of our back up goal kickers practice goal kicking?

I half suspect Lyon probably doesn't practice it much.

Recall we got graham Arnold in to help Lyon during finals a couple years back.

We seen an immediate improvement.

Clearly the club didn't have a full time goal kicking coach.

Why when we pay johns to be on staff I just don't get it.

Such an important part of the game, often the difference between winning and losing.

Let's hope TB brings in a regular kicking coach n has more then one person practicing regularly

Yep 2016 here we come!!

You are right. Goal kicking is the difference in 5-7 matches each season.
Why, we even beat the Sharks because of it!

Maybe we can have Foran kicking for goal next year.

Oh that's right he isn't going to be here.

I think yesterday showed that the Manly spirit is still well and truly alive. Any other club lose that game yesterday.

I also think we have to be realistic; the club is rebuilding. It sucks, it's not fun, but it's reality. We made the finals 10 years in a row, and missed out for the first time by the skin of our teeth.

The old guard are just that; old. It was inevitable that this situation would come to pass, and unfortunately there has been some significant casualties as a result...Toovey, Gift, Foran etc.

Aside from sacking Toovey (which I am vehemently against), the chances of us winning another premiership with Lyon, Matai, Snake, Gift, Choc, Ballin and co. are very slim at their age, so the club is undergoing a transformation to phase out the old and bring in the new in an attempt to build towards another peak period. The teething process surrounding this has been understandably difficult for all concerned, including the fans.

Big changes ahead.

There is nothing more uncomfortable than resisting change, and nothing more powerful than welcoming it.

A new hope? Nah I had enough trouble explaining the plot Star Wars to my wife once before. I'm not going through that again...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4