New signing Josh Starling flies for Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles recruit Josh Starling was the man of the moment when he walked off the field a happy man after making his debut for the club in Friday night’s trial against Cronulla at Remondis Staduim.

The performance of the former South Sydney recruit was the main positive for Manly in the hit-out that was won 24-12 by the Sharks.

Read More

SEA Eagles recruit Josh Starling was the man of the moment when he walked off the field a happy man after making his debut for the club in Friday night’s trial against Cronulla at Remondis Staduim.
Josh-Starling.jpg
The performance of the former South Sydney recruit was the main positive for Manly in the hit-out that was won 24-12 by the Sharks.

Coach Geoff Toovey came away satisfied from his side’s effort and the score was really irrelevant as the top side only took the field for the third quarter.

That included Starling, who made the most of his opportunities when he started in the frontrow as a reward for his efforts through the club’s demanding pre-season training regime.

“I thought he was really good and his carries were good,” Toovey said.

Starling was pleased get that first game with the team under his belt after all the hard work over summer.

“I was pretty happy I thought I was a bit nervous before the game,” the 23-year-old front-rower admitted.

“All the boys helped me out and talked me through it.

“It was good to get the cobwebs out of the lungs and have a game with the boys.”

And his effort took on greater significance following the departures of Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao, George Rose and most recently Richie Fa’aoso since the end of last season.

The Sea Eagles next assignment is over in New Zealand this weekend when they compete in the Auckland Nines.

The Sea Eagles have been drawn in the same pool as the Warriors, Raiders and Cowboys.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/new-signing-josh-starling-flies-for-eagles/story-fngr8iii-1226822796120

Yeah it seems more and mroe that starling will break through this season. it is positive to hear that he went well and is willing to give manly a big 2014.

This is proably the best opportunity the new guys will get breaking into our first grade squad this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8