New Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pizza Runners, Dominoes or Eagle Boys :) ha ha

900,000 is pretty effing big, would have to be one of the banks that are still pushing a profit

I can't see Eagle Boys spending their entire annual marketing budget on a team in a market they can't break into.

ANZ are getting into sport .......

Coincidentally, I wonder how the St George/Westpac merger will impact on the Queens?

who cares as long as they open up a branch up here so that I can get some finances sorted without having a queue of cheques waiting for my next trip to Sydney

You could just call it Which Bank Stadium!!!  Mind you, most people I know who work there are ordinary, according to Tookey anyway??? :) :) :)

Canteen Worker link said:
You could just call it Which Bank Stadium!!!  Mind you, most people I know who work there are ordinary, according to Tookey anyway??? :) :) :)

Brookie would have to be renamed Wank Bank Stadium if the Commonwealth Bank sponsored Manly. 

Besides providing sponsorhip would show community support by the Bank - something which is not in their articles of association.

Yes most staff at the Bank are useless but there is one bloke in particular who is a shocker.  He could teach Dessie a thing or two about flying under the radar as the Bank hasn't worked out that he has been doing SFA for the past 25 years.   :D :D :D :D

Anyway sponsoring the gay mardi gra or the gay olympics would be more in line with the CBA culture. 

I would have thought 900 thousand was quite cheap given the naming rights and on the shirt for all games, all televised, 80 minutes of advertising per week, and some more when we get mentioned in the press.  2 million would have been more the mark. 

The problem is any new sponsor is 12 months too late as they would have had great exposure all last season. 

I bet the company that sponsored the tigers after their grand final win has regretted it ever since.

Maybe Norths Leagues are sponsoring Manly?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Optus, Tooheys, Macquarie bank, 2ue

I think 2Gb would be a better fit for Manly.

We could rename the team AJ's boys.  They could go to his house and watch a reply of the game in his secret mens room while sucking on a cold one. 

Rename brookie oval struggle street.  Errgghhhh. Plenty of fine young men at Manly.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Optus, Tooheys, Macquarie bank, 2ue

Optus are in competition with Telstra the major sponsor of the competition so that seems unlikely. I can't see the Sea Eagles aligning themselves with alcohol sponsorship given the negative media that it would be likely to draw. Mac Bank aren't really rugby league demographic, plus they aren't eaxcatly flush with cash atm. 2ue seems a little far fetched to me.

I agree that 900K seems light on, I would have thought we'd be able to command upwards of 1.25mil. I seem to recall the Bunnies were hanging out for $2mil a season from a major sponsor, ended up getting NAB for $1mil if I recall, just for home jersey/ games.

tookey link said:

I bet the company that sponsored the tigers after their grand final win has regretted it ever since.

Proton cars.  And having first hand experience with one of them, no amount of advertising could possibly redeem them.  They are the most useless piece of junk possible to put on 4 wheels.  The car is currently garaged and has been for 4 months because even their head mechanic clown can't work out how to fix it and Malaysia won;t send them parts.

Honestly, they are complete and utter junk.  I wouldn't even buy one new as a paddock basher. 

It surprises me that the NSW government departments don't sponsor sides like the Victorians seem to.  They seem to waste money everywhere else.

I heard a person that has a long term affiliation to the Eagles has organised this, and it's a he. So, I was thinking:-

He: Geoff Toovey
Who: NRMA - who he's on the board of.

Matabele link said:
It surprises me that the NSW government departments don't sponsor sides like the Victorians seem to.  They seem to waste money everywhere else.

Based upon the budget outcomes annouced yesterday I an surpised Rees didn't put a tax on Brookie Oval and Manly memberships so he could fund ground improvements at parramatta.

Ryan - our new sponsor is a 'eco friendly goods manufacturer'

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8