New Zealand Squad - No Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Roy Asotasi (South Sydney, capt), Brent Webb (Leeds), Sam Perrett (Sydney Roosters), Jason Nightingale (St George Illawarra), Setaimata Sa (Sydney Roosters), Iosia Soliola (Sydney Roosters), Ben Roberts (Bulldogs), Lance Hohaia (NZ Warriors), Thomas Leuluai (Wigan), Simon Mannering (NZ Warriors), Sonny Bill Williams (Bulldogs), Jeremy Smith (Melbourne), David Fa'alogo (South Sydney), Frank Pritchard (Penrith), David Kidwell (South Sydney), Dene Halatau (Wests Tigers), Adam Blair (Melbourne), Nathan Cayless (Parramatta), Issac Luke (South Sydney)

Leuluai/Roberts should be the halves.

They're pretty light on in quality centres, surprised Matai isn't there, maybe they weren't happy with his send off last year.

If I were a selector - and had all players available, my team would be:-

01. Brent Webb
02. Shontayne Hape
03. Steve Matai
04. Krisnan Inu
05. Manu Vatuvei
06. Benji Marshall
07. Eddie Paea
08. Roy Asotasi
09. Isaac Luke
10. Frank Pritchard
11. David Kidwell
12. David Fa'alogo
13. Sonny-Bill Williams

14. Dene Halatau
15. David Solomona
16. Adam Blair
17. Simon Mannering

Until they can post a team like this, they just won't be competative. They also have no 1/2 back, but Paea could be the closest thing to "potential" as they have.

Yeah, Roberts and Leuluai will be in the halves

Mid year tests are always Australian benefits and i don't really see this one being too different.

Is a bit of attack in the side in the form of SBW, Pritchard and Luke but can't see the young backline being able to hold out for too long

Ryan, your side looks ok, but remove Solomona, he is Samoa now, put Pritchard into the 2nd row in place of Kidwell, he is past it imo but maybe on the bench, and start Jason Cayless in the front row

They probably didn't pick him because they still want to have a full team at the end of the game.

Either that, or they couldn't afford to employ an extra trainer to follow him around all game tending to a different injury every 5 minutes.

Just goes to show how "good" Matai is huh

It is amazing how we have had our best two wins fo the season since his return from injury or am I imagining it?

Wheel has Matai got photo's of you?

You could equally say, that Watmough has been out for the last game and that is why we have had our best wins.

Dan link said:
Wheel has Matai got photo's of you?

You could equally say, that Watmough has been out for the last game and that is why we have had our best wins.

Hadn't thought of that you make a good point, choc does hogged the ball consistantly, can't pass to save himself when he doesnt hogg it, gives away penalties, drops the ball at crcuial times, needs treatment from a trainer a couple of times a game, always misses the odd tackle......

Who can forget his game in the GF last year?

But ho hum the herd loves the choc  :p :eek:

Personally I agree. But his mistakes (barring the grandfnal) are often less dangerous

Dan everything is running perfectly for me today, work server must have been having issues yesterday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4