News: ‘Ox’ the reason we are back in business

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Zorba covers: Ox's impact for Manly and Des's drive to keep him; Foran's outstanding debut game; and Choc's powerhouse redemption in SOO 2.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4033-ox-the-reason-we-are-back-in-business.html">Read the full article</a>

Respect is earnt Byso, not blindly given due to the jumper one wears.

Respect the team yes, respect the player.........if it is deserved.

Well and truly earnt, there's no other way we would of won the GF without him.

We should all know he has his ordinary games especially early in the season. But even so its easy to see he's always putting in 100%......that deserves respect......imo.

He has had a good month

his first 2 months were woeful

hopefully he keeps this form up, thats what a 500K a year player does

Agree with Fluff, he has been better recently.

Have to agree to disagree on the GF Byso, I reckon we won in spite of him rather than because of him.

And it's "would have" not "would of", you are old enough to know better :)

byso link said:
Well and truly earnt, there's no other way we would of won the GF without him.

We should all know he has his ordinary games especially early in the season. But even so its easy to see he's always putting in 100%......that deserves respect......imo.
  Well I never!

Byso, I thought the win in 08 was because they all played well.  In 07 the loss can be put down to whom?  And look at the whole game.  Orford was very good in the first half of last Sunday's game, in the second half his 'excellent' fell away.  Sure he does does good things, but there are warts in his game that shouldn't be there for a player of his status.  Orford needs to put in a full  80 minutes for me to wash his feet, like some of you guys do. 

We were gone 25 mins into the game.

That was the start of the 2nd half. imo the game was lost in the first 15 mins.

I'm of the opinion it was lost when Orford let the ball bounce from the initial kickoff.  Noone seemed at all interested in getting under it.  In the 08 game, Orford caught the kickoff on the full as he should do.  I knew than that we'd win.

I generally can tell how we'll go after the first 10 mins in a game, but you can pick the result after 15 seconds. That's tops ;)

Yes Byso, some coaches can even tell you before the kickoff how a team's going to go.  I have this skill.  Just believe it.   

DSM5 link said:
I'm of the opinion it was lost when Orford let the ball bounce from the initial kickoff.  Noone seemed at all interested in getting under it.  In the 08 game, Orford caught the kickoff on the full as he should do.  I knew than that we'd win.
  FIGJAM

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4