News: 2010 The Season in Review

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<div class="articleDetails"><cite><strong></strong><span id="articleDate">
</span></cite></div>
<div class="articleBody"><strong></strong>
<strong>After Finals</strong>
Lost 28-0 v Dragons to finish eighth

It was a tale of the walking wounded in the end, as Manly’s seemingly bottomless casualty and suspension list finally took its toll.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5164-2010-the-season-in-review.html">Read the full article</a>

A very fair summary and breakdown of our season.
Two aspects that were overlooked.
1)That our on-field performances are directly related to our off-field administration and the 'vibe' generated through the club. There was hardly the same 'vibe' in 2010 as was present throughout 2008.

2)Then there's the issue of contracts not being signed. That must add to a certain level of perceived instability.

Another good reason to bring Beaver back into the club (on or off field).

The return of Brett/Wolfman/Beaver would be a massive "up vibe" for next season.

We can all dream Jatz although it would be good if it ever came to fruition.

At our best we were up with any team in the competition. However, that happened all few times, due to injury, rep commitments and inconsistent form..

I hope everyone read the close though. basically saying don't blame the injuries although it is an EXCUSE and scapegoat.

Lots of work to be done, though i am looking forward to seeing DCE and hopefully seeing his career progress

Now we have a goat as well as a scapegoat.  It is clearly the goats fault.

wonder whether the club have gotten in touch with RAMS home loans about sponsorship?

A giant hypodermic needle filled with passion, enthusiasm, commitment & a dose of BK & beaver is what is required

Great summary and spot on.

Fitness seemed a problem with the big boppers. Georgey came back after injury carrying 345 pies, 36 pizzas and dozens of maccas burgers. I remember how trim Perry became after moving from Newi and how good he played. Even Gifty put on ten kgs.

Dessie, lets strip them down and get some more ball playing from the fit big boys and we will fight for the title once again

Shire Eagle link said:
Great summary and spot on.

Fitness seemed a problem with the big boppers. Georgey came back after injury carrying 345 pies, 36 pizzas and dozens of maccas burgers. I remember how trim Perry became after moving from Newi and how good he played. Even Gifty put on ten kgs.

Dessie, lets strip them down and get some more ball playing from the fit big boys and we will fight for the title once again

That's true. Quite a few times I thought a few of our players looked overweight (for footy that is).

I thhink the decrease in Subs has affected us greatly, as well as a number of rule changes which promotes a faster game (which i agree with).

It means that our team should relly more on speed rather than strength. Our team in 2008 was a very strong team and they were just as quick (br BS injury0 as our current one.

We need some fresh young legs with speed and get rid of some of the oldies.

TBH as much as Rose is good for impact we need him to be much more fitter than 10 - 15 min bursts. And Bailey jesus I have never seen a player be so adequete, he is too small for a foward, not creative enough for the halves and not fast enough for the backs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4