News: Adam Cuthbertson signs with Cronulla Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
<span class="story-summary-bold">MANLY back-rower Adam Cuthbertson last night signed a two-year deal with the Sharks. </span>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/3993-adam-cuthbertson-signs-with-cronulla-sharks.html">Read the full article</a>

At full-strength, he doesn't make the team, so we are losing a depth player on good money.

Sad to see an actual local junior go, though. But Sharks? May as well cut your legs off.

I understand this, of course, but Cuthbo leaving upsets me way more than Mayer going. As nita said in another thread, he's a Manly boy through and through - just the kind of local talent I'd love to see us keeping.
I still think he's a hugely talented player, and before he got injured this season he was one of our best - one of the only forwards showing any ticker in a badly beaten side, really. And I've always loved watching big lugs like Cuthbo who can split the line and throw a lovely pass. Not enough of it in footy these days.
Good luck at the Sharks, Cuthbo.

To injury prone and those off-loads.  Many mistakes in his game and we'll miss Hall more than Cuthbo.  Why on earth would anyone go to the Sharks.  Look at that cesspit of losers.

hes only young though. Mistakes he would have corrected. Was one of our best this year before injury. Sad to see him go.

It will be good for him and the sharks, after all sharks NEED a player like cuthbo to create something whereas we have already got that. We need a hard toiler and a less riskier version of cuthbo aka Rose.

SO with Cuthbo freeing up some cash
Orford taking a pay cut
Hall leaving

thats realistacally around $300k+ to spend ($100k each)

then lets say woolfman is now on $150k from $55k
robertson on equal money

so we have lets say $200k to spend/resign players on, which will cover for contracts choc, g stewart and another player.

DSM5 link said:
To injury prone and those off-loads.  Many mistakes in his game and we'll miss Hall more than Cuthbo.  Why on earth would anyone go to the Sharks.  Look at that cesspit of losers.

I LOVED his offloads! Normally I hate them (as Manly players for some reason are awful at them), but for Cuthbo.. He made your heart go into your mouth for a sec, but more often that not he'd pull it off!

Very sad to see him go. Good local guy.  :'(

That said.. if you asked me if we could keep cuthbo or Wolfy and/or Wangmwan, I would have been screaming for cuthbo's head

Shame to see him go, he's got a lot of potential and he's only young. Deadlyeagle is right about Rose and his offloads compared to Cuthbos. Adam always seemed to pick the wrong time to let it go and it obviously annoyed the **** out of Des. Still it's a shame to lose players like Adam and I hope he does well at the Sharks.

Where does that leave T Williams? Do people still think he'll go into the fowards with no wing spot available at full strangth? He'd do ok in the second row but he's on a lot to be sitting out games.

Des bought Williams as a forward, and that is where he will end up

Like Cuthbo, sad to see him go, but can live with sacrificing him to strengthen the club

pretty much agree with most of you,am sad to see a local junior go,but it will free up some money and if i personally had to choose anyone to go it probably would have been cuthbo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4