News: AFL targeting more NRL stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>The ink has barely dried on Karmichael Hunt's $3million defection to AFL, but six more NRL superstars have emerged as potential recruits to the cashed-up enemy code.</p><p>Greg Inglis, Johnathan Thurston and Billy Slater head a marquee list in the AFL crosshairs as it prepares to launch a team in rugby league heartland - Sydney's western suburbs. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4137-afl-targeting-more-nrl-stars.html">Read the full article</a>

The only ones doing the targeting are the League player managers, all rubbing their hands with the thought of payments.

Gary Jack can't be serious if he thinks any code would be looking at Lockyer, he is almost a broken down nag heading for the glue factory with 2 years left at most.

IMO the AFL will look at players who played aussie rules as youngsters, or targeting 15 -19 yo's who show the required athleticism.

keep this on the down low, but i reckon BS would be awesome in AFL. His pace, his hands and his ability in the air.

It is the young kids playing AFL rather than established players that are the real issue.

The publicity generated by Hunt is worth far more than the contribution that he will actually make to the game in that it gives credence to the game, gets it on the front page and reinforces the idea that League is moribund and struggling.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7