News: Anthony Watmough facing ban from rep footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
IT all began to unravel last November, when Australian coach Tim Sheens and star back-rower Anthony Watmough butted heads yet again.

Read the full article

Appreciate the news SE007 but please use the submit News button for all news items. Cheers mate.

This is fantastic news for us. Choc can concentrate (?) on winning us the real silverware.

Amazing stuff.Carney has the longest rap sheet in the game and yet he was a walk up start for NSW before the latest episode.Iether choc has some real skeletons in his cupboard or just another example of PROJECT TODDY at work.

You would think the blues would give themselves every chance.JT would have been gone ages ago under these standards.

My tip no kangaroos, however they would be crazy not to pick him for the Blues as he is a proven performer at that level.

I don't think they are referring to his "wee" episode when they are talking off field issues, I think they are hinting at a general attitude problem here.

Sheikheagle said:
My tip no kangaroos, however they would be crazy not to pick him for the Blues as he is a proven performer at that level.

As long as Ricky Stuart is coaching NSW, Choc will never be picked to play for the Blues. The day he was re-elected as the NSW coach was the day that Anthony Watmough's Blues representative career ended.

Rep selections certainly look good on your resume and it's with your resume you front the employer with your agent to demand more cash.

No rep teams = no increasing contract. He can only rely on his past (and current) performance. His worth is obviously decreasing.

lismore_fan said:
Rep selections certainly look good on your resume and it's with your resume you front the employer with your agent to demand more cash.

No rep teams = no increasing contract. He can only rely on his past (and current) performance. His worth is obviously decreasing.

but if choc was a free agent other clubs woulld have a bidding war for his service

What a load of ****. Gasnier was painted with the same brush after the spurt sauce, fire up you sad cow incident. Look where he is now. They'll use him if they need him.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
it is crap but it will be positive for us because the bloke is gonna have a massive point to prove

Berkeley_Eagle said:
so if he is no chance at Test or Origin why does he have to front up for City ?

Agree 100%, why should he play City v Country if they won't consider him for Origin. Seems like A) a waste of Watmoughs time and B) Taking up a spot for another 2nd rower who could be considered.

It wouldn't be a waste of Watmough's time. They do get paid for rep matches you know!

Jethro said:
Sheikheagle said:

As long as Ricky Stuart is coaching NSW, Choc will never be picked to play for the Blues. The day he was re-elected as the NSW coach was the day that Anthony Watmough's Blues representative career ended.
I'm sure your 100% spot on Jethro, it's just ironic that Stuart (as Australian coach) would abuse an international referee then leave out one of the best forwards in the game based on a discipline incident dating back 6yrs.
It's actually quite laughable

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4