News: Bailey beavering away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>He's a back-rower who can play five-eighth, but this is 2009 and Chris Bailey is hoping he can give Manly at least a little of what club legend Steve Menzies gave them in their NRL premiership year.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4273-bailey-beavering-away.html">Read the full article</a>

His defence has been strong, made about 30 tackles last week without a miss and he does improve flexibility.

He has been a solid addition, seems a few of these articles are out to give the fans the knowledge that the guys do believe they are good enough

I thought he really stepped up last week. He threw himself into every tackle right from the start. It looks like the team is definitely coming together.

Bailey has been a flop. To even put him in the same sentence with The Beaver is an insult.

Beaver made breaks. Beaver tackled like a machine. Beaver made a difference.

Bailey is right up there with Tony Williams as the worst buy of the year - and is the reason I guess Des has had to move him out of 5/8 etc.

I think Bailey has been solid all year. He is not Darren Lockyer and not the Beaver but he is a honest toiler that every teams needs. He does a lot of defensive work and gets his metres. He also runs straight and hard. A good buy in my view!

Canteen Worker link said:
I think Bailey has been solid all year. He is not Darren Lockyer and not the Beaver but he is a honest toiler that every teams needs. He does a lot of defensive work and gets his metres. He also runs straight and hard. A good buy in my view!

The sharks carved Bailey up in defense. He can be a little slow getting across.

I guess the old "If it ain't broke don't fix it" rule comes to mine here. Our halves were working and we toyed with them

Ryan link said:
Bailey has been a flop. To even put him in the same sentence with The Beaver is an insult.

Beaver made breaks. Beaver tackled like a machine. Beaver made a difference.

Bailey is right up there with Tony Williams as the worst buy of the year - and is the reason I guess Des has had to move him out of 5/8 etc.

Can't agree with much of that Ryan

Baily's getting better.  In the early part of the season I may have agreed with Ryan, but he seems to be poking his nose through the line, getting off-loads happening and supporting.  Takes time I guess.  Worth his money, which musn't be to much.  No Beaver but OK.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6