News: Ballpark figures: clubs 'inflating attendances'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nita

Reserve Grader
<p>OFFICIALS at NRL clubs have been accused of inflating crowd figures, with serious discrepancies found between the annual reports of some venues and the attendances announced at matches.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4114-ballpark-figures-clubs-inflating-attendances.html">Read the full article</a>

This doesn't surprise me tbh.

What does surprise me is that SFS crowds wasn't one that was mentioned  ???

I remember sitting at a game with Ryan having a few beers way back when....

You could have fit the entire crowd in a greyhound bus I reckon, and they announced that there were 7000+ Ryan commented that they must be counting the sea gulls

10 thousand at Shark Park last Saturday night. Even if that's correct, it's a pathetic number for a club looking to say in the comp.  I think 8 thousand at Penrith.  Very bad figures.  But does it really matter?  It's a TV game.

Interesting to note that the two clubs that latched onto SuperLeague for survival - both are struggling with crowds and support. It is a joke that Penrith and the Sharks ever thought they had a case to survive ahead of the more long-term established clubs. Only the Dogs of the Sydney based SL clubs boast any support at all really.

Canteen that's such a long bow.  It's got nothing to do with SL.  I'd say that the Rorters are struggling for support, as is Newcastle as well.  I agree Rex, kids under 12 in for free.  Many do already with the footie players cards given to schools to give out, but it should be open to all.  The NRL are like the Labour Party in never looking after its own.  Look at the demographics of the clubs, working class people with kids.  $100 bucks for a family would be difficult to dredge up, especially in these straightened times and tat doesn't include something to eat, drink and transport.. 

Not to mention all the night games. The NRL needs to find a balance between

TV money = the driver in most sports

and

crowd needs = day games for families etc

At the moment the primary driver is television therefore a 5:30 Saturday game......and a Monday night game!

Unfortunately it's a TV thing.  I don't know if they would care if no-one turned up.  They could just conjure a virtual reality crowd and no-one at home would notice.. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2