News: Blindside- Abbott, Lowe, Travis Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>NEWLY appointed Federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott doesn’t need any directions to get to Brookvale Oval.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4435-blindside-abbott-lowe-travis-burns.html">Read the full article</a>

Who has ever seen Tony Abbott at Brookvale on the hill. I have been there most games and I have never spotted the guy. He is a Rugby man and is more likely to be seen at Manly Oval methinks. Disengenous methinks.

I would still like him to be pushed to press for funding though and we should ride him on that one for all we can.

Burns is another example of the good work of our retention committee. Has anyone we have let go over the last 2-3 years gone on to any sort of success ? Apart from Beaver, Robson might be the only exception, but I'd argue he was more right place, right time. It's not like he has set the world on fire at Parra.

Travis will contribute plenty of penalties at Penrith.  I liked him, although he had problems with anger and high shots aplenty.  If he could have got those problems under control and put on some weight, he could have been very good for us.  Our 5/8th position will be worth looking at.  Foran, Lyon?   

They offered pretty good money to keep Burns at the club, but he was to impatient and wanted a starting gig (not just a bench spot).
I would imagine he has rued that decision on more than one occasion.

DSM5 link said:
If he could have got those problems under control and put on some weight, 
  Perhaps he should have tried carbo loading rather than drinking like a fish.

Travis still gives away the hot-head penalties and is good for a dumb attacking play under real pressure. His defense up the middle was always pretty good. I will be surprised if he turns it around much at the Panfers, but good luck to him.

I think he will go OK there - he will need to be doing some tackling though playing inside Jennings

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7