News: Brett Stewart is a good boy, Manly fans insist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>Brett Stewart is a good boy, Manly fans insist Article from: The Daily Telegraph March 09, 2009 01:45pm MANLY supporters say they will be devastated if Sea Eagles star Brett Stewart is guilty of an alleged sexual assault. Fans of the NRL player are beginning to assemble at Dee Why police station where it is understood Stewart may make an official visit. </p><p>Related coverage: Manly considers alcohol ban on players Set to play: Stewart trains despite allegations Father speaks: My girl's NRL hell Manly's pin-up boy: Brett Stewart's life in photos The Manly and Australian fullback was arrested on Friday evening following allegations that he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl in the stairwell of a North Manly apartment block, after a season opening party the club held at The Many Wharf Hotel. </p><p>Stewart has denied the allegation. He declined to be interviewed by police and was released without charge pending further investigation. Antoinette Livoti arrived in her Sea Eagles colours to support Stewart - a man she says she has met many times over the years. </p><p>``Let's believe a man's side of it, that things can happen like that,'' Ms Livoti said. But she did criticise the anti-social behaviour of some footballers and said they should curb their alcohol intake. ``Because they represent a good game, a family game, they shouldn't be doing what they're doing,'' she said. </p><p>``Because we want our little kids to follow into a sport that's good and healthy for them.'' Ms Livoti said Stewart was ``a good boy'' and she would be ``devastated'' if charges were laid against him. Chris Court, 18, took advantage of a day off work to come to the police station with a few mates. He believes Stewart to be innocent because he is so well-known in the sport. ``He's not really going to have to work too hard to pick up a bird,'' Mr Court said. ``I don't think he'd really have to do anything like that for a girl. ``There's got to be something else to it.'' The fans assembled as police continued their investigation, with detectives arriving at the girl's home in North Manly.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/brett-stewart-is-a-good-boy-manly-fans-insist.html">Read the full article</a>

none of us know we werent there.

However i refuse to believe it until such time evidence points other wise.

This young man from a lovely family whose never done anything wrong.
How quickly the media ****s forget all that.

willstyles link said:
These fans are doing Brett, nor Manly, any favours with their flippant comments.
the best thing we can do to support brett is just be there on saturday and support the team.

Absolutely.

And as for the allegations, best thing to do is let the investigation run its course, wait for the facts to be revealed, take what the media says with a grain of salt (hah, I know, the irony), and not jump on every single bit of information like starved seagulls.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8