News: Brett Stewart trial set for September

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p class="cN-headingPage prepend-5 span-11 last">Manly rugby league star Brett Stewart will face trial in September over claims he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl after his Sydney club's 2009 season launch.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4706-brett-stewart-trial-set-for-september.html">Read the full article</a>

18 months to go to trial! It doesn't seem fair on any party to have to wait that long. It is so long that every witness will have to refer to their notes to get the story straight. They would have played it over in their minds so often that the actual events could be just a fabrication of their thought processes by then.

I can't believe they are still bothering with that 2nd charge. So he might have went the pash and got turned down.

If every person who went the pash and was turned down got charged, I'd be in the 5% of people who have never been charged with anything.

Ridiculous charge.

Great timing right in the middle of the semis (assuming we make it).

It'll be just the boost we need Grand Final week when the "not guilty" verdict is reached.

ManlyBacker link said:
18 months to go to trial! It doesn't seem fair on any party to have to wait that long. It is so long that every witness will have to refer to their notes to get the story straight. They would have played it over in their minds so often that the actual events could be just a fabrication of their thought processes by then.
Tell me about it MB I am about to attend a similar case (as a witness) that has been dragging on for about 2.5 years since charges were laid.

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=182958.msg258520#msg258520 date=1270787343]
Tell me about it MB I am about to attend a similar case (as a witness) that has been dragging on for about 2.5 years since charges were laid.
[/quote]

Says a lot for our justice system really.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6