News: Bridge never too far for courageous big Al

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
<div class="module-content"><div class="content-item"> <p>The latest chapter in the story took place atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge, under grey and threatening skies late on Wednesday afternoon. </p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/3965-bridge-never-too-far-for-courageous-big-al.html">Read the full article</a>

Thats a tear jerker and a damn good story.

I wasn't surprised to see Cuthbo involved, he is a good kid and seems to do a lot for charity etc

Agree Dan as Rugby League keeps finding it's self in the media for all the wrong reasons then a story like this one comes a long it's beautiful in everyway.

Well done to the Manly Club and to Don Singe, Adam Cuthbertson, Dan Ma and Andrew Suniula and for all the good work the Club is continuing to do with Alex Ma just another reason why I'm a proud Sea Eagle supporter.

eagle_predator link said:
Agree Dan as Rugby League keeps finding it's self in the media for all the wrong reasons then a story like this one comes a long it's beautiful in everyway.

Well done to the Manly Club and to Don Singe, Adam Cuthbertson, Dan Ma and Andrew Suniula and for all the good work the Club is continuing to do with Alex Ma just another reason why I'm a proud Sea Eagle supporter.
i have to say i was lucky enough to spend some time in england with big al he is an absoulte legend.
was great to see the story on foxsports on sat

I am surprised the NRL are not jumping on these sorts of stories. I would dare say there is at least 1 like this in 90% of the clubs.

The media is clearly out to get rid of the sharks, because it "sells papers" it is a shame that these sorts of stories don't sell papers as well

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180665.msg226796#msg226796 date=1244604317]

i have to say i was lucky enough to spend some time in england with big al he is an absoulte legend.
was great to see the story on foxsports on sat
[/quote]

Cliffy Gc Good on ya mate, and it's great to have him apart of our Club

All the clubs do good things like this which we don't always hear about as all the media seem to want to do is write up about all the wrong things that's happening in our game never the less this is a refreshing story.

The media just love a bash up on Rugby League

A bloke having a pee on a wall is front page news, yet you hardly see a word printed about the 12 AFL players who have had positive drug tests over the last year

I had a bit to do with "Big Al's family" when we did the WCC Tour earlier in the year, nice people and yes I agree with Dan a tear jerker story!!

It's one thing I find really sad about the media.....EVERY news bulletin on TV and EVERY newspaper is full of bad stories, the TV news will often have ONE good story, right at the end, newspapers occasionaly have a good story on page 76 or thereabouts.

All they want to do is sell newspapers and advertising, they care less about what they create than any other business I can think of.

There are SO many great stories out there but the media just don't want them.

Take the story this week Ramsey V Grimshaw...talk about a beat up to enhance ratings, and was that a "good news story".....I think not!!

Are there not better things in life to report on.......for that scum it seems not!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I had a bit to do with \"Big Al's family\" when we did the WCC Tour earlier in the year, nice people and yes I agree with Dan a tear jerker story!!

It's one thing I find really sad about the media.....EVERY news bulletin on TV and EVERY newspaper is full of bad stories, the TV news will often have ONE good story, right at the end, newspapers occasionaly have a good story on page 76 or thereabouts.

All they want to do is sell newspapers and advertising, they care less about what they create than any other business I can think of.

Take the story this week Ramsey V Grimshaw...talk about a beat up to enhance ratings, and was that a \"good news story\".....I think not!!

Are there not better things in life to report on.......for that scum it seems not!!!

Mark good point on the Ramsey story why would the media waste their time on a tool like him.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I had a bit to do with \"Big Al's family\" when we did the WCC Tour earlier in the year, nice people and yes I agree with Dan a tear jerker story!!

Take the story this week Ramsey V Grimshaw...talk about a beat up to enhance ratings, and was that a \"good news story\".....I think not!!

good guy stories are deemed to be boring

Not for me matt, I LOVE good news stories.

Remember a few years ago how much Monna's was so involved with little Sophie Delissio (sorry if I spelt that wrong), a FANTASTIC story...and yes he did get a few credits for it BUT why oh why do the media choose to run the "rubish" stories about NRL and avoid the good stories......beats me!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4