News: Broncos have Des on guard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
::mad::mad: This is getting ridiculous. I wish the press would stop this crap. How can we pick up lots of major and minor sponsors if they keep saying no one is watching us or cares. Manly and the Sea Eagle is a great brand.
What companies are going to pay big dough for a team that is perceived that hides from media content. It's wrong by the press. Are they trying to slowly kill us financially by making us seem innoculous. If we don't watch out, we will end up like the Sharks!! Where no one seems to care and they are losing millions and falling apart. Zorba, stop this crap!!

The successful teams in all sports are the most marketable and get coverage, sponsors lining up, not begging. Man U, LA Lakers, Broncos, Collingwood, All Blacks.

Sorry, I am concerned this is an approach by some haters of our club to North Sydney Bears us, run out of dough. We lost half a million last year with a major sponsor, who knows what this year without one??

Darren said:
::mad::mad: This is getting ridiculous. I wish the press would stop this crap. How can we pick up lots of major and minor sponsors if they keep saying no one is watching us or cares. Manly and the Sea Eagle is a great brand.
What companies are going to pay big dough for a team that is perceived that hides from media content. It's wrong by the press.

Actually, maybe some savvy company like 'Victoria's Secret' (for example) might think 'secretive, under the radar' club may be worth looking into if it fits with their image.
And as for coverage: Monday nights are the highest ratings by far for a TV audience and so we are getting more than our exposure in this country.
But back to the sponsor thing: Some sponsors on the front of jerseys are known brands, but most I find are some innocuous name that no one knows - and no one cares ;^)

Its quite obvious that flying under the radar is referring to the actual playing of the game. Not the wider issue of media exposure, sponsorship etc.

Get a f@rken grip.

Darren said:
What companies are going to pay big dough for a team that is perceived that hides from media content. It's wrong by the press. Are they trying to slowly kill us financially by making us seem innoculous. If we don't watch out, we will end up like the Sharks!! Where no one seems to care and they are losing millions and falling apart. Zorba, stop this crap!!

The successful teams in all sports are the most marketable and get coverage, sponsors lining up, not begging. Man U, LA Lakers, Broncos, Collingwood, All Blacks.

Sorry, I am concerned this is an approach by some haters of our club to North Sydney Bears us, run out of dough. We lost half a million last year with a major sponsor, who knows what this year without one??

Did you actually read the article?

As for your most marketable sporting teams with sponsors lining up. Can you tell me who the sponsor is of the Lakers or any team in any of the major US sports? NBA, NFL or NHL?

Also you don't need to be liked to have a good brand. Plenty of huge teams thrive off being hated by everyone else that doesn't support them.

Isnt the term flying under the radar in reference to our perceived premiership credentials over other teams in the comp? Nothing to do if people are watching us or not. However I guess it could have implications it terms of sponsorship but I have no idea what sort of impact.

Masked Eagle said:
Darren said:

Did you actually read the article?

As for your most marketable sporting teams with sponsors lining up. Can you tell me who the sponsor is of the Lakers or any team in any of the major US sports? NBA, NFL or NHL?

Also you don't need to be liked to have a good brand. Plenty of huge teams thrive off being hated by everyone else that doesn't support them.

He actually named one in his rant Collingwood

interesting we are the only team without a major sponsor for the start of 2011, sounds like the policy of everyone hating us/under the radar has the corporates clambouring to get a piece of this great club.

Judging by our low numbers at home games and us giving games away to survive, the everyone hating us/we don't care attitude is seriously chipping away at the club. Yes, flying under the radar is about footy but I think it has seriously come into our mantra and why now we have these situations in 2011:
we don't get major funding, give games away, no big time sponsors and as mentioned on here, lots of Monday night games in recent years. Hearing we lost 500 grand last year with a major sponsor then imagine the million plus loss this year and the owners having to put in again!! Animal and child sponsorship isn't bringing in anything so we have to become attractive to the media to generate funds. This is what I'm concerned over.

I did hear that Clon but looking at their website which is just over 70 odd thousand members and not a pet in sight, they are near the top of the most raised dollars on the jersey (I remember reading) so they are probably in the Man United range. Loved by hundreds of thousands/millions and hated as well. Comparing us to Collingwood doesn't really fit. Eddie McGuire has made them front line media and Crowe is doing similar. Big dollars in that for both clubs.

Darren I agree with the lack of sponsorship being a concern however I doubt it is anything to do with Dessie under the radar mantra. It would be due to our CEO, recent off field issues and board room fights.

The Gronk said:
Looks like all the toys are out of the cot at Darren's house again.

Probably upset that there are not my SG Ball players in our team, those Toyota Cup boys just dont have it.

If Des believes this is the best way to be successful then so be it

The greater the success of the team the greater the financial reward.

Gronk and Wheel, I don't appreciate your smart alec comments everytime I post. I am 41 with 3 uni degrees with 2 masters attached so I ain't a kid. I'm not interested in debating who is smarter etc but the cot stuff and sg ball stuff is a load of crap.

In my text, I wrote about the annoyance of being under the radar. I get sick of reading about it and believe it is detrimental to our brand and club. No other club gets this mentioned, why us constantly?

In terms of junior players, I will try again, I felt that the 2011 squad was too stacked with 28 years plus players. I do believe it is a young mans game (an ideal age 21-27) however always praise the experience (lyon, kite, ballin, even matai etc) That's my opinion, joe has gone great, so has matai and I have mentioned it this year, some others haven't shown old form, that's the way it is.

I have never mentioned sg ball or toyota cup players taking their spots. I have talked about players for the future. If I have, I'd appreciate you finding where I mention Riccardi, Stromquist, Whare replacing our 1st graders. You write this stuff about me and I get sick of reading where you seem to "quote me!" I don't mind you not agreeing but cot stuff and sg ball stuff is getting tiring.

Settle down Dazza. If you keep going off half cocked then people are going to be pointing it out.

You'd have to admit you have a pretty big reputation on here for making some bad and extreme calls about players.

And if you haven't worked out by now that 95% of the posts on here are sarcastic then you just haven't been paying close enough attention.

Darren said:
Gronk and Wheel, I don't appreciate your smart alec comments everytime I post. I am 41 with 3 uni degrees with 2 masters attached so I ain't a kid. I'm not interested in debating who is smarter etc but the cot stuff and sg ball stuff is a load of crap.

In my text, I wrote about the annoyance of being under the radar. I get sick of reading about it and believe it is detrimental to our brand and club. No other club gets this mentioned, why us constantly?

In terms of junior players, I will try again, I felt that the 2011 squad was too stacked with 28 years plus players. I do believe it is a young mans game (an ideal age 21-27) however always praise the experience (lyon, kite, ballin, even matai etc) That's my opinion, joe has gone great, so has matai and I have mentioned it this year, some others haven't shown old form, that's the way it is.

I have never mentioned sg ball or toyota cup players taking their spots. I have talked about players for the future. If I have, I'd appreciate you finding where I mention Riccardi, Stromquist, Whare replacing our 1st graders. You write this stuff about me and I get sick of reading where you seem to "quote me!" I don't mind you not agreeing but cot stuff and sg ball stuff is getting tiring.

I always thought any idiot could get a uni degree. Thanks for the confirmation :p

I don't think that the under the radar attitude is the reason for us not having a major sponsor.

Des' job is to make out football team sucessful which it has been since he took over coaching and we are basically certainties to make the final 8 each year.

Obtaining a major sponsor is surely the CEO's role? John Singleton recently purchased the steyne hotel in manly. Has our CEO met with him to try and enlist his help to secure a major sponsor?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6