News: Brookie Botanic Gardens plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>BROOKVALE Oval stadium home to the Sea Eagles could be demolished and turned into a community garden park, if a radical Warringah Council proposal is accepted. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4168-brookie-botanic-gardens-plan.html">Read the full article</a>

Well this bit of news if either brilliant for our future or very disturbing.

Surely the council have the vision to turh this peice of dirt into a money making venture that will be great for ALL the community

my god this woman is a lunatic in my opinion.

The oval has been there for sooo many years, and every suburb or grouped region needs a sporting venue, why doesnt this woman just move somewhere else?

They are pretty poor options.
- Lose Brookie completely to a garden;
- Allow a massive commercial redevelopment using rate-payer funds (and the Council has a track record of white elephants);
- Or do nothing (with no further upgrades?).

Redevelopment to include a League's Club has some appeal, along the lines of what the Sharks enjoy. Kirsch would turn it into a picnic ground with 10 bbq plates and a dog walking track.

Not sure why they are talking about a new commercial development incorporating a new grandstand on the southern end of the oval.  There is already the southern stand.

Surely any new development would incorporate a commercial development on the southern side as well as the eastern side which is where a new stand is required.

It just seems so logical that they move the leagues club to the ground and incorporate it into a new commercial development/grandstand as well.  

This way the improvements could be jointly funded by the council and leagues club.

The Leagues Club premises are now owned by Scott Penn. He has committed to upgrading the existing premises and the Leagues Club organisation has committed contractually to 5 years of rent. That would all have to be renegotiated and then Penn is stuck with the old premises. He may want that or he may not - but today his core businesses don't include real estate development. I can't see him and Max working together on it!

If Kirsch got her way, within 12 months she'd be blowing up deluxe about "drunken teenagers" uprooting her mail box. 

ManlyBacker link said:
The Leagues Club premises are now owned by Scott Penn. He has committed to upgrading the existing premises and the Leagues Club organisation has committed contractually to 5 years of rent. That would all have to be renegotiated and then Penn is stuck with the old premises. He may want that or he may not - but today his core businesses don't include real estate development. I can't see him and Max working together on it!

Still can't work out why Penn would have purchased the leagues club premises.

Matabele link said:
If Kirsch got her way, within 12 months she'd be blowing up deluxe about \"drunken teenagers\" uprooting her mail box. 

well they wouldnt be rooting her would they mata ;)

Kirsch has a conflict of interest and cannot vote in this matter as a redevelopement into a park could improve her properties value.

Should she vote then if anyone complains in writing to the general manager they have to forward it to the ACCC or risk their job and reputation.

That said she can still voice her opinion in the lead up.

I would urge any local resident to get to the council meeting and express your opinion on the matter.

Fluffy link said:
Kirsch has a conflict of interest and cannot vote in this matter as a redevelopement into a park could improve her properties value.

Should she vote then if anyone complains in writing to the general manager they have to forward it to the ACCC or risk their job and reputation.

I would urge any local resident to get to the council meeting and express your opinion on the matter.
  Are you sure its the ACCC?  Here in Dubbo some of the clowns on Council have such a pedigree in voting without declaring their conflict of interest they have ASIC, ASX and the Local Government Minister all investigating them.  I'd love to know how to ad the ACCC to that list so we can get the whole bang shoot of them sacked.

I think ICAC is the appropriate department for local councils. 

A botanic garden sounds good as we already have a snake, a dinasour, a wolf, a teddy bear and a garden gnome to put in it.  And for a few months of the year a beaver will come and visit.

Not sure if a garden is for a princess though.  He would probably prefer a commercial development with a tool shed in it.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=181339.msg236416#msg236416 date=1250038447]

Are you sure its the ACCC?  Here in Dubbo some of the clowns on Council have such a pedigree in voting without declaring their conflict of interest they have ASIC, ASX and the Local Government Minister all investigating them.  I'd love to know how to ad the ACCC to that list so we can get the whole bang shoot of them sacked.
[/quote]

Its one, well more than one as you say. I dont really pay attention to which ones going where exactly but the GM forwards all that stuff. If they are in on it then i think its the local goverment department that boots the GM up the arse.

Once September comes and a new Mayor and Deputy Mayor are voted on im sure it wont be long before i know exactly which ones will actually act

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181339.msg236450#msg236450 date=1250048441]
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=181339.msg236416#msg236416 date=1250038447]

[/quote]

Its one, well more than one as you say. I dont really pay attention to which ones going where exactly but the GM forwards all that stuff. If they are in on it then i think its the local goverment department that boots the GM up the arse.

Once September comes and a new Mayor and Deputy Mayor are voted on im sure it wont be long before i know exactly which ones will actually act
[/quote]  All the GM does here is cover up all the mayor's stuff-ups and insider trading.

I can just see the international and interstate visitors falling over themselves to visit Brookvale for its Botanical Gardens, raising huge streams of revenue for the council. In fact, the crowds will be so huge, they might cause an impediment and huge disturbance to the locals who at present have their lives affected on only 11 occasions each year.

On second thoughts maybe leave Brookie as a footy ground.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6