News: Brookie funding to hinge on poll result

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>IT has really come down to the million dollar question over Brookvale Oval and its chronic need for massively overdue improvements.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5055-brookie-funding-to-hinge-on-poll-result.html">Read the full article</a>

We all know they'll promise the world to get elected.I wonder if labour sneaks in,will they uphold the promise of funding to Brookie,even though their guy got shafted?Will Abbott push the labour party for said promised funds,should labour get in,but Abbott retains his seat?Both are promising this funding,and should be held accountable,no matter who is the sitting member,or which party wins government.Oh,to have Brookie in a marginal seat!

Labor have not promised any funding. Hugh Z has only promised to campaign tirelessly for funding if he wins the seat - there's a big difference.

Federal Labour will never give anything to Brookvale. There would be no point. They will never win the seat of Warringah.

A decent promise here could actually sway me. Sadly because I don't want the mad monk in charge, but this is an election of the worst each party has ever been, truly, you couldn't split them from a pile of **** with a hose at the moment.

"The worst-case scenario next Saturday is for Mr Abbott to retain his seat but miss out federally."

And unfortunately this is the most likely scenario in my opinion.

The only scenario that will provide real help for us is if Abbott promises the funding and the Libs get in.

Unless Hugh has aspirations of knifing Gillard in her first term [that could never happen, could it?], his promise is a bit of a 'Claytons' promise.

MadMarcus link said:
\"The worst-case scenario next Saturday is for Mr Abbott to retain his seat but miss out federally.\"

The only scenario that will provide real help for us is if Abbott promises the funding and the Libs get in.

Unless Hugh has aspirations of knifing Gillard in her first term [that could never happen, could it?], his promise is a bit of a 'Claytons' promise.

Candidates make these promises all the time, effectively they are saying - "Vote for me and I will use all my clout to push the issue, no promises."

And as we know a first term member would have so much clout in a government famously run from a kitchen cabinet.

If Labor get up and Abbott wins his seat then Gillard will just say, "That was the candidates promise not the parties"

MadMarcus link said:
\"The worst-case scenario next Saturday is for Mr Abbott to retain his seat but miss out federally.\"

Abbott will out first since howard, libs have had 3, labor 2 by your theory.

If the electorate is not marginal then you and I will get fark all. As such there you need to vote on local issues only.

Looks like Brookvaie oval is ****ed and won't get any funding at least for the next 3 years.

EagleEyes link said:
stuff labor and there unions. they will never give funding for brookie. Vote the libs in!

Abbott holds the seat and while they were in government not a cent went to brookie. Do you think that will change if the libs get in, don't think so. Maybe people in that electirate should vote labor to try and marginalise the seat.

There are other options for brookie being discussed that do not rely on federal handouts, whilst a handout would be nice don't be suprised to see stuff happening if one doesn't eventuate.

Call me cynical but I can't see a Brookvale announcement reverberating around Sydney or Australia and changing the tide of the election. It might help with a few local votes in Warringah and Mackellar but hardly likely to have national implications. Whilst this election is said to be close, the slow tide seems to be heading towards Labor, though it is not over till the fat lady sings.

The more I think about this election the more I am thinking of doing my first ever donkey vote.

That or just fold her straight up and drop it in the box blank.

Never have I been so indifferent to every candidate

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4