News: Brookie will be ready says Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is so many more factors than the ground we play out of in relation to getting a major sponsor.

The Storm play out of the newest, and arguably the best, ground in the comp, but they still cannot find a major sponsor -

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/melbourne-storms-sponsor-search/story-e6frf9if-1225993839214

I realise that The Storms reason for not getting a major sponsor are (probably) different to ours, but it shows the home ground doesn't make the difference.

WAMF, I doubt whether a major sponsor is interested in the quality of the teams home ground.  All they are after is TV exposure.  Pepsi executives would have hardly hung around the corporate boxes in their time.  The smaller sponsors are local, so they might care, but I see their major focus in selling to locals who sit on the hill and shop locally.  The issue with major sponsors is free to air TV time.  Something that the NRL unfairly dishes out to some teams and not others.  Our free to air time last year was pathetic.  I'd like to see the club not support Gallops continued tenure as CEO as a result of last years unfair TV allocation and the Stewart fiasco amongst other stupidities.  He has cost us sponsors, and in my opinion, could be sued by the club for loss of income.  And BE we did have our Tinkler, his name was Delmege, and that ended in tears didn't it.          

DSM5 link said:
Can't see where the whinging is coming from in regard to 'old' Brookvale.  I always get a decent spot on the hill, purchasing stuff doesn't take me hours and the toilets are OK.  Where is all the whinging coming from?  Sure some people might want to sit in comfort, but on the hill is fine by me.    

The whinging comes from the fact that the club has to move two "home games" a year away from brookvale oval simply for financial reasons.

I would rather have those two games back at brookvale and the only way we are going to achieve it is further major upgrade of the ground.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=186319.msg313063#msg313063 date=1295910610]
It is pretty simple really

To attract big sponsors we need top notch corporate facilities to keep them happy so they can entertain their friends and clients.

It's not rocket science

And to ensure decent turnstyle numbers at home games, the stands, toilets, food and beverage ect need overhauling before people decide to stop attending matches at run down brookvale anymore.

It's not rocket science :)

[/quote]

The club makes more /year from corporate sales and sponsorship than fans through the gate / fan memberships

I'd have to agree with DSM, a sponsor wants Free to Air TV time... with millions of viewers seeing their name,and that is about ALL they care about.

The corporate facilities of the ground, or what it's like for the fans probably has little to do with anything as far as a major sponsor is concerned and the fact that we were largely ignored by FTATV in 2010 would be a big factor in all of this.

On an interesting note some years ago I was talking to a Sky Racing TV Executive (off the track a little but you'll get the drift if you read on) and he actually said to me that they were thinking of running races purely for the TV audience.....on a straight track, middle of no where, adorned with sponsors signs, no crowds (in fact none at all allowed), no need for fancy facilities, no need to pay race tracks a "royalty" and he reckons it would have made a motza. Of course the race clubs heard about it, through a whilly and it didn't go ahead BUT the point of mentioning this is that it was purely for the TV audience and nothing else. Their money would have been made from sponsors signs, naming rights and being paid by TAB to show the races.

I however think this would never happen as far as football of any code is concerned BUT it just shows you what the sponsors really want.

Jonesyv2 link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186319.msg313066#msg313066 date=1295910976]
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=186319.msg313063#msg313063 date=1295910610]
It is pretty simple really

To attract big sponsors we need top notch corporate facilities to keep them happy so they can entertain their friends and clients.

It's not rocket science

And to ensure decent turnstyle numbers at home games, the stands, toilets, food and beverage ect need overhauling before people decide to stop attending matches at run down brookvale anymore.

It's not rocket science :)

[/quote]

The club makes more /year from corporate sales and sponsorship than fans through the gate / fan memberships
[/quote]
Jonesy, I understand that mate but won't that look great on TV.
Sponsorship signage everywhere but an otherwise empty ground.

DSM, you make a very fair point re Gallop, no arguments here.

WAMF I sat in on a discussion group recently re football on TV.  The knobs there talked about reality crowds, i.e. made up noise, chants and crowds.  They already advertise over the top of crowds at rugby games so why not put the game on in stadiums at no cost other than the rent of the ground they surmised.  They said RL was a perfect vehicle for this model.  Scary stuff but major sponsors wouldn't care is my guess.   

DSM5 link said:
And BE we did have our Tinkler, his name was Delmege, and that ended in tears didn't it.         

DSM - The difference between max and Tinkler is that Tinkler doesn't have the Banks & Tax man chasing him - the GFC took care of that along with a few other issues I presume.

Max did do a Tinkler and got us back into the groove which ended up with a 2008 trophy - thanks to max for that.

DSM...this is EXACTLY what the Sky Racing guy said to me, no people, just done for a TV audience.

I can never see it happening but the fact that they are even talking about it is pretty scary!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I especially like the \"finger\" food delivered by the Jim Beam girls...not that I'd know what that's actually like.....I can only dreamm of being a President one day!!

Bah I'll stick to the Hill with the Vid crew much more atmosphere over there!!
Be happy you didn't get finger food served by hoppo snr.
:)

wylergnu link said:
What do you think the chances are of getting one of these installed in Brookie before the start of the season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiu_IX14wLI

I love it. I hope that ANZ, SFS and all the other incompetent big stadiums see this.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=wylergnu link=topic=186319.msg315765#msg315765 date=1297679075]
What do you think the chances are of getting one of these installed in Brookie before the start of the season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiu_IX14wLI

I love it. I hope that ANZ, SFS and all the other incompetent big stadiums see this.
[/quote]

People could serve themselves too

Fonz link said:
@The Gronk. I wouldn't mind seeing Kristina Keneally in a Jacuzzi!!

Kate Ellis would have to be the most rootable politician in Australia. 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/ellis-offered-cash-to-strip/story-e6frf7kx-1111118042389

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=186319.msg315790#msg315790 date=1297718999]
@The Gronk. I wouldn't mind seeing Kristina Keneally in a Jacuzzi!!

Kate Ellis would have to be the most rootable politician in Australia. 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/ellis-offered-cash-to-strip/story-e6frf7kx-1111118042389

[/quote]

Such a glorious day,a new politician has entered my spank bank infront of Gillard :p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2