News: Brookvale Oval just not up to scratch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p><span class="story-summary-bold">THERE may be blood on the boardroom floor at Manly tonight, but no matter whose is spilt, the supporters are desperate to see an end to infighting. </span></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/brookvale-oval-just-not-up-to-scratch.html">Read the full article</a>

The club has also changed caterers this year and you wouldn't feed their new food to a dog it is that disgusting. 

They werent even selling beer in the Arko Stand on Monday night

It was cold sausage rolls and warm beer on Monday night. It was warm beer on the previous Sunday afternoon. How hard is it to get a $5 product chilled prior to serving patrons? A bloody joke. The only good thing is that every one has learnt how poor the product is and the queues were non-existent.

And they were making people drink their coffee and eat their food outside at the gates before coming in.  No chips, just cold sausage rolls that that ex-Souths idiot, Sean Garlick cooks up. 

ManlyBacker link said:
It was cold sausage rolls and warm beer on Monday night. It was warm beer on the previous Sunday afternoon. How hard is it to get a $5 product chilled prior to serving patrons? A bloody joke. The only good thing is that every one has learnt how poor the product is and the queues were non-existent.

They even ran out of pies before the end of the toyota cup game.  probably a blessing in disguise as no doubt they also would have been cold.

Don't even think about eating one of the hamburgers because I sat next to a bloke at the warriors game who almost threw up when he started eating one.  

I think they made them out of the leagues club bistro leftovers from the week before.  The club is obviously trying to kill off what supporters they have left.

DSM5 link said:
I dunno Rex, perhaps the CEO has some responsibility?
DSM5 link said:
I dunno Rex, perhaps the CEO has some responsibility?

Now it all makes sense.  The Delmege/Deans/Reilly faction are voting to get rid of Mayer because their sausage rolls and pies are cold and their beers are warm. 

Fancy board members having to put up with the same conditions as the supporters. 

I reckon those clowns would look after themselves pretty well - they dont pay to get in the gate, they eat free food, drink cold beer - they dont give a stuff about the supporters.

Haven't been to the ground for years due to distance, but used to be there every second weekend as a kid and have great memories of the place. Never bought food there as I never had the money and hated cues. Wasn't old enough to drink the beer so I don't know if it was warm or cold and I think you could bring your own in an esky in those days.
If they do up Brookie I really hope they leave some area of the hill (with a good viewing spot) as that's where all the interesting characters gather and it's heaps of fun to be there.

Corporate boxes for the higher ups!

Although i think i read someone (Mayer, Delmege Penn?) was on the hill during the Warriors game?  i can't recall that far back.

So many other supporters give Brookie sht for being old and crap but half the time they're right.  

They should get CW to do the catering. Le Snacks and juice boxes for all

nicci - you cannot bring in any food or beverage product that is clearly branded. I got in with a water bottle and the label was removed. It is part of the agreement with the caterers (certainly was last year). The days of bringing in a partly filled eski are long gone.

The plans for the Brookie development includes a hill area. If all the funds needed are obtained an eastern stand is planned but it will be built at the very back of the hill, leaving a grassed area. That is if it goes ahead in the current format.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6