News: CEO changes at NRL clubs and the blueprint

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>The forced resignation of Manly chief executive Grant Mayer last week revealed the ugly side of football politics, and illustrated how a club shouldn't operate. Scattered through the NRL are examples of how board structures and club cultures play a key role in the success of club's on the field.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4023-ceo-changes-at-nrl-clubs-and-the-blueprint.html">Read the full article</a>

Interesting perspective into the public boardroom saga, and how it might be stopped structurally - if the will to stop it is there.

kingyfan link said:
We now have the most politically correct board.

I doubt that it will change Penn and Delmege though.

I didn't read the article to be about being politically correct. I read it to be primarily about managing the media - having all club contact with the media coming through one point, with one voice.

That principle made huge sense to me if you're sick of the media manufacturing stories at the expense of the reputations of the club and the individuals in it, and pitting one Manly person against another, like currently happens, and I imagine Manly are sick of. How can any individual be accountable for the public image of the club if every man and his dog is quoted in the media, like currently happens.

Pretty simple really if all parties can commit to a new policy.

You are right Rex - it is exactly what Grant was saying. He should have been the single point for all media contact. It looks like a lot of bridge building has started at Manly and I can only feel optimistic about the future. The new faces are a gigantic step towards allowing parties to work together. The new CEO appointment will be crucial and deep down I hope it is someone with roots to Manly and preferably someone who has not been too close to the current group of directors, maybe someone who is passionate but working in another sporting code.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4