News: Chairman's Invite to the new Leagues Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
On behalf of the Board of Directors, management and staff at Manly Leagues I extend my best wishes to you and your family.

Read the full article

I haven't been to Brookvale or the Leagues Club this season but there's no doubt the Club needed a major revamp. We'll be holding our Round 25 "farewell Brookvale for 2011" MWTS dinner there so hope it's as good as they say it is. In the past we have opted for a local restaurant due to the "tired" nature of the club, so if anyone can update what this all looks like it would be appreciated.

I was at an Austen Tayshus show at the Leagues Club about 4 years ago and he was calling for someone to fly a plane into the building because it was such a dump. Not a bad option!

Unfortunately they bumped up the food prices by up tp 20%, its looking better but not sure why they are having the promos when it isnt even finished yet.

ayjay007 said:
There were big chunks of ceiling missing on Sunday.Looked a lot different.Things moved around.

You should have seen it on Tuesday. Workers everywhere. Place was pulled apart.

Looks a lot better but i will say i'm a bit surprised it's finished. I thought they were going to do more up in the Sports Bar etc...........but still heaps better downstairs with the new bar

It looks good so far but as of Tuesday it was still at least a week off from being finished. The ceiling at the front was missing and the carpet still had to be torn up. It looks good though.

I'd have liked to be there tonight for this event, but couldn't make it from Newie this time.

Looking forward to seeing the end result of the renovations, and the couple of times I have been there this season it does look to have some appeal and improvement potential.

Still, honestly, the building as a whole certainly has some "dump" aspects to it, unfort.
Personally I don't mind it too much as it sports the beloved Maroon & White colours.

The eatery does seem a bit weird, tho I enjoyed my chicken schnitzel there a couple of weeks ago.

They need:
- more flat panel tvs showing Fox 1, Fox 2, and Fox 3 simultaneously both down near the new bar, in that room with the big screen and up in the Lyon's Den.
- Good / MWSE cool drink coasters
- To address the stink of the filthy ciggas permeating through, especially near the new bar and eatery - my biggest gripe with the place by far.

Generally though I love going there and look forward to it each & every time.

ssar said:
I'd have liked to be there tonight for this event, but couldn't make it from Newie this time.

Looking forward to seeing the end result of the renovations, and the couple of times I have been there this season it does look to have some appeal and improvement potential.

Still, honestly, the building as a whole certainly has some "dump" aspects to it, unfort.
Personally I don't mind it too much as it sports the beloved Maroon & White colours.

The eatery does seem a bit weird, tho I enjoyed my chicken schnitzel there a couple of weeks ago.

They need:
- more flat panel tvs showing Fox 1, Fox 2, and Fox 3 simultaneously both down near the new bar, in that room with the big screen and up in the Lyon's Den.
- Good / MWSE cool drink coasters
- To address the stink of the filthy ciggas permeating through, especially near the new bar and eatery - my biggest gripe with the place by far.

Generally though I love going there and look forward to it each & every time.

The Ciggy smell will be fixed. The door they are using is temporary until they re-do that wall there. Don't know when this will be done though

:mad:Really wish they'd let Definitions Health Club know what's happening regarding the creche!!! The leagues club told the gym it would be out of action for 7 weeks. 4 months later, and the gym still doesn't have a creche. Not happy Jan!!!!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4