News: Cherry ripe for picking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE coach who oversaw the rise of Manly halfback Trent Hodkinson from relative unknown to the code’s hottest young property has declared his successor, Daly Cherry-Evans, ready for NRL football right now.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4911-cherry-ripe-for-picking.html">Read the full article</a>

The feedback I got from blokes who went down to Gympie to watch the game was that he looked like he wasn't fit but was an outstanding organizer

Captain of SCSE.  Reportedly in very good form.  Then man of the match last week for Queensland country against Queensland city including a wonderful individual try.  This week named captain of the Queensland residents side.  Plus his coach says he's NRL ready and assumed control and responsibility in the rep side.

All music to the ears. Seems he's put himself in the picture to be given a shot in the top grade this year.

I wouldn't read to much into the weekends game, from what I understand one team was less a rep side and more a mates side

If TH's form continues to be crap Des should give DCE a go.

Exactly. Long and short kicks.
Also bombs, grubbers & chips. Field goals.
. . . I sure hope so!

I also hope he throws a good pass on both sides. Long & short passes.
Also hope he can read a defence and also hope he can tackle to NRL standard. And I hope he is a good talker & will be able to guide our team.
If he can do all that we are laughing, if not he is probably not our man.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Exactly. Long and short kicks.
Also bombs, grubbers & chips. Field goals.
. . . I sure hope so!

I also hope he throws a good pass on both sides. Long & short passes.
Also hope he can read a defence and also hope he can tackle to NRL standard. And I hope he is a good talker & will be able to guide our team.
If he can do all that we are laughing, if not he is probably not our man.

Ha... if the guy cant manage to do everything a top grade half and the peak of his development can he is not our man...

Give these young guys a little slack. As with Foran I will be happy if he gets it right 80% of the time to start with in the NRL. As long as he doesnt get it too wrong the other 20%.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8