News: Choc back in State of Origin race

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Leave Watmough alone. He's just fine where he is now, concentrating on Manly dominance. We don't want to overstretch his concentration span.

the errors have disapeared as well. Looking at him the other night he looks really focus.

That whole pissing thing and everything that happened afterwards could be a blessing in disguise for him.

He cops a bad rap imo hes made some mistakes but to talk hes not a bad bloke at all. Hes just and old school footy player 10 - 15 years ago we wouldnt of even heard about the other stuff.

I'm going to go against the trend here and say I hope he does get picked. He thoroughly deserves it and I really think it could make a difference to NSW's chances.

I mean really - who is more intimidating? Choc or Ben 'runs away like a girl' Creagh? If Choc plays I could actually be interested in Game 2!!

We can manage without Choc for a game or two.

I don't agree with a few of the things in the article. Firstly that his form has picked up since the urinating incident. IMO he's been in great form all year. Secondly, the article states "A month ago the Manly bad boy was considered no chance of playing for NSW this year, after he completely missed selection in City-Country." He missed that game through injury, Freddy was gutted when he had to withdraw.

If Choc doesn't get recalled then its plain and simple, he's been blacklisted. His form is great, he's performed at Origin and he plays the exact style of game the coach wants and was missing in game 1. If he doesn't get selected its the only conclusion you can make.

Watmough is no chance, the backrow will be exactly the same, and Lewis will come on to the bench for (hopefully) Young.

He was a loose cannon in his first camp years ago.

and the leopard hasn't changed his stripes.

Lewis will come in for sure.

Stuart has openly stated he doesnt want to make any unnecessary changes though so the only other changes I can see apart from Lewis will be Hayne for Morris if he doesnt come up and maybe Weyman or TLL for King if he doesnt come up.

Fro said:
Watmough is no chance, the backrow will be exactly the same, and Lewis will come on to the bench for (hopefully) Young.

He was a loose cannon in his first camp years ago.

and the leopard hasn't changed his stripes.

He already served his punishment for that. Lets not forget he has been NSW best forward the last two years and arguably produced one of the best performances ever by a NSW forward.

I didn't say it was right masked.

And anyone with half a brain can tell he is a goose.

but who cares, we pay him to play footy, not recite poetry, as long as he does well at that who cares? (within the boundaries of normal behaviours of course)

But origin camps are a limited length and close proximity, if there is a destabilising influence in there it becomes obvious real quick, and rightly or wrongly thats his label.

My squad is quite different (assuming TLL is fit):-

01. Josh Dugan
02. Jared Hayne
03. Jamal Idris
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Josh Morris
06. Jamie Soward
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Kade Snowden
09. Michael Ennis
10. Tariq Sims
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Michael Weyman
17. Beau Scott

see i dont think you change the back row as such
those 3 should all start

I like the idea of scott, soward, gaz defending the same side as they do for saints they were awesome.

I would move Gallen to prop and play choc at 13

01. Josh Dugan
02. Jared Hayne
03. Mark Gasnier
04. Michael Jennings
05. Akila Uate
06. Jamie Soward
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Luke Bailey
09. Kurt Gidley
10. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Ben Creagh
15. Luke Lewis
16. Tim Mannah
17. Beau Scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mick, Bailey is retired from rep footy.

Ryan, no room for Luke Lewis in your team?

Anyway here is my preferred team for people to tear shreds off of;

1. Dugan
2. B.Morris (Hayne if Morris isn't fit)
3. J.Lyon (Though Gasnier won't be dropped & I'm not sure if Lyon still wants to play rep)
4. M.Jennings
5. A.Uate
6. J.Soward
7. M.Pearce
8. J.King
9. M.Ennis
10. T.Mannah
11. A.Watmough
12. L.Lewis
13. P.Gallen

14. R.Farah
15. T.Learoyd-Lahrs
16. K.Snowden
17. B.Creagh

Idea with the props being for Kingy & Mannah to set the tempo early then for two big agressive props (in TLL & Snowden) to come on & knock it up a notch, punishing the defense big time if they don't react quickly.

Farah in there for hooker & halves cover obviously, our answer to Cronk. Ennis can also move into the backrow if need be, allowing Lewis to move to lock or into the halves & moving Gallen to the front row.

Creagh can be used to give Choc a breather or to move into 12 & give the playmakers good wide running backrowers on both sides of the park. If you can't set up a try with those two running off your plays then you're not a SoO quality half.

Obviously from a NSW standpoint I'd prefer Lyon to Gasnier in the centers. Lyon does everything that Gasnier does but is a better kicker & can kick goals well. Lyon has also proven that he is a quality leader in his role as Manly captain, so IMO there is nothing Gasnier brings that Lyon doesn't. Shame he doesn't want to play rep footy anymore (apparently).

Wolfpack, Jamie Lyon has already said he does not want to play SOO. The rest of your team looks good though, problem is NSW's goldenchild Gidley will be picked without doubt.

Yeah I know mate, just wishful thinking on my part, I cringe everytime I see Gaz in the sky blue though.

I agree that Gidley will be in the team, hopefully in the utility role off the bench.
It's unfortunate, I really don't understand what the selectors & coaches see in him? He is a fine club level player but really gets shown up at rep level.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4