News: Contract can wait

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY skipper Matt Orford has again put contract talks on hold in a bid to lead the Sea Eagles to successive NRL titles.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4263-contract-can-wait.html">Read the full article</a>

Orford's future unclear

Manly skipper Matt Orford will head into the finals series with his future at the club uncertain after shelving contract talks to concentrate on the Sea Eagles' title defence.

Negotiations between the club and reigning Dally M player of the year have stalled, with both parties agreeing to resume contact once the season finishes.

It's understood Orford, who turns 32 next season, wants a long-term deal while the club is looking at a one- or two-year contract.

"In the scheme of things this (the finals) is way more important to me than that," Orford said of his contract talks.

"I know those sorts of things will take care of themselves."

"The coach is well aware and we all know where we are at with those talks."

"I don't want to comment too much more than that … the focus should be on finals footy."

Manly coach Des Hasler is desperate not to let the uncertainty over Orford's future impact on the club's push for back-to-back premierships.

Adam Lucius sportal.com.au

yaaaawn....

The club is right to offer a one year deal with a one year option.  Time for Orford to move on if he wants a 3 year deal.

Despite all the S**t he cops Orford must be laughing at the entire league world. Year after year he has always figured in the finals throughout his career. You can throw in a couple of big contracts and a premiership ring in there too. Oh and best of all he gets to go to all the captains' lunches.

His success has been under the radar his entire career and I get the feeling thats the way he likes it.

No doubt. The wingmen that do all the work.

That's why I find it so funny that he has been so successful.

It begs the question though, how dominant could we be if say we had someone like Andrew Johns at the helm.

I find it funny that you can somehow muster up the brain power to post on a forum after that zero logical post.

I'll rephrase it clearly.

From the outset I tried to imply that Orford is one of the luckiest halves to play the game. My bad if it didn't read that way.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2