News: Contract negotiations no excuse for poor form: Graham Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
<p>STEVE Matai has not signed a new deal with Manly, neither has Kieran Foran, and Trent Hodkinson is leaving.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4945-contract-negotiations-no-excuse-for-poor-form-graham-lowe.html">Read the full article</a>

swoop link said:
<p>STEVE Matai has not signed a new deal with Manly, neither has Kieran Foran, and Trent Hodkinson is leaving.

<a href=\"http://www.silvertails.net/news/4945-contract-negotiations-no-excuse-for-poor-form-graham-lowe.html\">Read the full article</a>
What a fraud this guy is we all know why he is there. I love the bit about Foran he has agreed in principal well give him the bloody contract and get him to sign it.(if he has agreed) Send Lowe back to NZ and continue his carer as a taxi driver  l

I don't think it's a matter of running out of pens but I wonder why Foran is holding back on signing.

reyam link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=184027.msg274355#msg274355 date=1279066036]

<a href=\"http://www.silvertails.net/news/4945-contract-negotiations-no-excuse-for-poor-form-graham-lowe.html\">Read the full article</a>
What a fraud this guy is we all know why he is there. I love the bit about Foran he has agreed in principal well give him the bloody contract and get him to sign it.(if he has agreed) Send Lowe back to NZ and continue his carer as a taxi driver  l
[/quote]

You can't force a player to sign whether the CEO is Lowe or Mayer.

Certainly is concerning relating to Foran not actually being signed yet.

Did anyone notice the 'pained' look on Matai's face during the Canberra game...? He certainly looked distracted / p'd off, and not just from his usual injuries during games.

Hodkinson has looked disinterested and so has Perry for the last few weeks.

While signing a new contract is not an excuse, it is certainly a distraction.
Same as when the boardroom are fighting, everyone trots out the old cliche that this isn't affecting the players. I believe it is clearly a load of crock.
Everything affects the performance...

swoop link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=184027.msg274360#msg274360 date=1279066333]

[/quote]

[/quote] I'm not suggesting we force him but Lowe is suggesting that he has agreed and they can't find the time to sign. The more this go's on with players leaving he could well be having second thoughts. It is poor management to let it drag on this long find out if he is staying sign a contract, or we will have to look at our options. To me it looks like Orford last year when we didn't find out until the season was over that he was leaving.

Problem with a verbal agreement is they aren't even worth the paper they are written on.

He could quite easily go everywhere. It would be best if it was not continually talked about so other clubs don't get wind of it.

I doubt his manager is actively speaking or seeking other clubs, but that doesn't mean other clubs wouldn't approach his manager

reyam link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=184027.msg274362#msg274362 date=1279066473]
[quote author=reyam link=topic=184027.msg274360#msg274360 date=1279066333]

[/quote]

[/quote] I'm not suggesting we force him but Lowe is suggesting that he has agreed and they can't find the time to sign. [/quote]

Do you really believe that?

This is becoming very hard to watch. All is good and well if theres a valid reason behind these percieved contract negotiation bungles; like we are in talks with some serious tallent elsewhere.

If not, it looks like the unravelling of a club and how far the mighty have fallen in a year and a half.

Some people on this site believe anything.  Lowe is the devil incarnate for example.  There's a clique that is still pining for Meyer and his supposed glory days and put the boot in at any opportunity.  Pcam, of those three who looked disinterested, Matai gave a good act of being involved.  I think he was one of the few getting stuck in.  Of the other two, they can go imo tomorrow, and their inclusion week after week is Des's decision, not Lowe's.  And Flip, I imagine all clubs have these problems from time to time, especially when they aren't performing on the field.    

I wonder if Lowe has actually put a contract in front of Foran?  Foran must be in his immediate vicinity for up to 40 hours a week and this has draged on for months. 

Matabele link said:
I wonder if Lowe has actually put a contract in front of Foran?  Foran must be in his immediate vicinity for up to 40 hours a week and this has draged on for months.  
 Can you get back to us with the party line on this one please vidmar?

Matabele link said:
I wonder if Lowe has actually put a contract in front of Foran?

Why don't you ask the Penns? Or perhaps it's Foran not wanting to put pen to paper?

Foran might now be waiting to see who Manly (if any) buy to go next to him next year.....

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184027.msg274431#msg274431 date=1279073909]
I wonder if Lowe has actually put a contract in front of Foran?  Foran must be in his immediate vicinity for up to 40 hours a week and this has draged on for months. 
[/quote] LOL

Matabele link said:
I wonder if Lowe has actually put a contract in front of Foran?  Foran must be in his immediate vicinity for up to 40 hours a week and this has draged on for months.  
[/quote]
;D
The party line is.......... keep Maxyboy happy at all cost or else. Just ask Mayer about the or else

It must be tough signing players in between all that time on the phone to Subway ordering the next round of free sandwiches. 

Matabele link said:
It must be tough signing players in between all that time on the phone to Subway ordering the next round of free sandwiches. 
I heard there was fracas because the media manager demanded KFC but got subway instead.

Matabele link said:
[/quote]

Dunno mate, I've asked and been told the same as you know - he's agreed terms but no signature as yet - I can ask again but will no doubt get told the same.
As per Swoops post maybe call the owners and see what you can find out for us?
LOL at a potential "bromance" or alliance between Reyam and Matabele

I disagree with this headline, Contract Negotiations are the reason for the poor perofrmance not of the Team but our Managment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4