News: Deal allows News to sell Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>NEWS Ltd is set to retain ownership of the Storm until after the club ends making losses in 2013 as part of a deal for the media group and the ARL to hand control of the game to an independent commission.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4453-deal-allows-news-to-sell-storm.html">Read the full article</a>

Great business to buy. Single city (tho noone there gives a toss), 5 million plus a year in losses whilst they are the top team and protected species. When all that goes losses will be bigger and prospects dimmer.

eagle-rock08 link said:
Who would buy them?  I don't think they'd survive without News.  If I am correct - bring it on and now!

Vic Govt or Lloyd Williams - plenty of people in Melb we will willing to buy a team that has a whole state following them - who ever gets it will be on a winner.. 

i want to know how Melbourne Storm is worth more than The bongos in TV rights when the games are regularly televised down there after midnight?

Greetings from Mexico city... 40+ heat down here today, what a stinker.

I'm in Melbourne for work till the end of the week and driving back to my hotel I noticed and thought to myself that I was seeing a mirage. In a field near Albert Park a group was playing a mixed comp of tip footy.

If it wasn't so bloody hot I wouldn’t have minded swapping some sweat with some of the buxom babes that were playing. Not much skill but they sure looked good.  :p

I think the game is picking up momentum down here but will never replace aerial ping pong as the main game. Will be interesting to see how they go after Rupert pulls his money out. It could end up being lucrative if they market it right.

Canteen Worker link said:
Great business to buy. Single city (tho noone there gives a toss), 5 million plus a year in losses whilst they are the top team and protected species. When all that goes losses will be bigger and prospects dimmer.
  And a new direct competitor (as far as those Mexican heathens are concerned anyway) in the form of the Super Rugby franchise. 

Personally I hate Melb Storm but Rugby League needs the Storm to survive. With Yawnion moving there we a falling back as a National Game. We will revert back to being a 2 state game being Qld NSW & NZ.
Yawnion will be in NSW - Qld - WA - Vic - NZ
Soccer is NSW x 3 - Vic x 2 - Qld x 2 - WA - SA - NZ
AFL is NSW x 2 - Vic x 10 - SA x 2 - WA x 2 - Qld x 2  

We need them.

What a rousing success the A League has been.  It goes to show transplants don't work in this country.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8