News: Eagle Origin ‘must’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
A COUPLE of former Blues forwards are convinced NSW must select damaging Sea Eagles backrower Anthony Watmough to help their chances of beating Queensland this year.

Watmough and the rest of the Manly squad will land in Sydney this morning following their classy World Club Challenge win over Leeds on Monday.

The Narrabeen Sharks-junior was the Sea Eagles’ best in the eight-point win over the Rhinos, crossing for two tries in a dominant display.

The performance carried on Watmough’s sensational form from the end of last season that earned him his first Australian jersey.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/eagle-origin-must.html">Read the full article</a>

Good to see Kosef back in the news.

If you are going to pick laff and Choc, you would have to pick a work a holic at lock like Hindmarsh

G Stewart at lock?

Man I really don't want a player drain during Origin.  I've yet to see who we play around those games, hopefully it won't be too bad

seriously with Bellamy in charge and the other ****ty Selectors, it will be QLD 4 in a row with minimal Manly input.

I'd rather see Manly smash teams during Origin period, than loose heap of players to SOO. Also affect player retention with the extra salary cap implications with more representative players and the extra nightmare of possible injuries. I know I'm a selfish SOB.

It comes back to Jamie Lyon,

The player should make the choice, ALWAYS!

****ing rotten of them to make him play origin if he is selected

i just bought my Origin tickets. Haven't been since 1988 and what a shocking night that was when Docking gifted Langer a try and Qld beat us despite Michael O'Connor's great kicking!

Hope for something better and a few Eagles maybe?

no doubt there will be a few eagles but iuf you ain't going to play them properly, ala stewart, what is the point?

Zep link said:
seriously what is wrong with orford and Lyon?

Bellamy will not pick Orford if he was the only halfback left - because he walked out the Storm. As for Lyon he doesnt want to play and thats enough for Bellamy to not pick him.

they will have to go with Mullen and Wallace - which isnt that bad.

Personally i think Orford and Mullen would be good

that is a given Rambo. And here lies in the problem. Do we have the wrong coaching for NSW? I not saying it should be Des, however, what are the chances that Bellamy will employ the same tactrics against slater as manly did in the Grnad final last year?

I think there was an article a couple of weeks ago talking about Lyon requesting unavailability for representative matches.

The ARL knocked back Jamie's application.....

Seriously would they actually select him with the knowledge he doesn't want to play

Zep link said:
They could for spite and name him as the 18th man.

That's a good idea (obviously not for us or Jamie)- make him train with the Blues and end up not playing for either them or Manly.

Bellamy and the selectors mindsets will be interesting to watch when they pick the team.  Who knows, Manly could bomb a few matches early and then we'd be back in the 'overrated' section and then noone would get picked! 

eggson link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=179397.msg209616#msg209616 date=1236290924]
They could for spite and name him as the 18th man.

That's a good idea (obviously not for us or Jamie)- make him train with the Blues and end up not playing for either them or Manly.

Bellamy and the selectors mindsets will be interesting to watch when they pick the team.  Who knows, Manly could bomb a few matches early and then we'd be back in the 'overrated' section and then noone would get picked! 
[/quote]
Thats a catch 22, on one hand we would be "flying under the radar" with players available, however on the other we would have to lose a few games.

Zep link said:
that is a given Rambo. And here lies in the problem. Do we have the wrong coaching for NSW? I not saying it should be Des, however, what are the chances that Bellamy will employ the same tactrics against slater as manly did in the Grnad final last year?

Queensland have Big Mal who will be working on his team selection now - getting out to as many games as possible - while Bellamy will be done in Melbourne whinging about teams - players - Refs - rules and the weather. Nothing to do with the Blues until about 2-3 weeks out before the SOO. Graham Murray or somene not affiliated with a club would be good.
I think Bellamy was even considering coaching the Maroons at one stage. 

Question - If Smith got injured, who'd be the next QLD hooker?  I ask this only because Ballin is on the rise and he went to that young QLD training thing the other week. 

Let's just hope (for the club's benefit, not the players) that people hate Manly enough to stiff them for rep honours again.

I wouldn't think they would pick orford, or lyon given his attitude. Fitwersmeeide pick wallace (or pearce) and gidley and try to build some continuity and confidence finally.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4