News: Eagles Angels tell board to end brawl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
MEMBERS of the Eagles Angels - Manly's all-female supporters' group - have called on the boardroom heavyweights at the club to end their public brawling with the season's kick-off only a week away.

And in further NRL action off the field, Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald has declared that while he can't guarantee the long-term future of the Eels, the leagues club's record $7.8 million loss last year doesn't mean the team is about to disappear from the league landscape.

"Certainly not," Fitzgerald said last night. "And that's because of our strong asset base and because we're taking steps to reduce expenditure and increase revenue. It's true that I can't give guarantees well into the future - purely because we can't be sure what is going to happen - and I've said that before. But we are trying to remedy our current problems."

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/eagles-angels-tell-board-to-end-brawl.html">Read the full article</a>

Layne Beachley's comments in that article say it all.

$7.8m loss by Parra last year is huge.  More than the combined equity investments of our owners, yes?

Good to see Parra pushing us of the back pages.  One thing you can rely on is the stupidity of FitzGerald. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6