News: Eagles army have banner, will travel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THEY drove for up to 14 hours through torrential rain and flooded highways to get there but the 2500 Manly fans who sang and cheered their way through a mighty 80 minutes of football at Skilled Park on the Gold Coast last Sunday buried forever the long-held theory that the Sea Eagles only have stay-at-home fans. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3930-eagles-army-have-banner-will-travel.html">Read the full article</a>

DEAD and buried (the myth).

Demand is through the roof for my as yet unreleased Melbourne package.

The Travelling Supportahs are now the "real deal"

Mark, I think that you should have also been mentioned for praise (as well as Grant & Aaron) for your Gold Coast & Brisbane packages that you put together. Well done.

As an ex-brookie hill resident now living on the GC, I want to say thanks to all the travellers that came up. The atmosphere was awesome. Not quite the hill at brookie, but close. Keep up the good  work peoples. Manly fans are one-eyed and extremely vocal. No wonder everybody hates us. But as Jethro says, "No one likes us but we don't care."

Thanks Jethro, no worries about not being mentioned, my ego isn't as big as some!!

But they do forget I have some 1500 people on my e-mail database and there's no doubt that the "meeting points" and "bays to sit in" are far better organised now as a resuult of this.

That's why I encourage all fans in QLD/Northern NSW to get on board, and for those down south that want to know about the away trips to do the same.

[email protected]

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Thanks Jethro, no worries about not being mentioned, my ego isn't as big as some!!

But they do forget I have some 1500 people on my e-mail database and there's no doubt that the \"meeting points\" and \"bays to sit in\" are far better organised now as a resuult of this.

That's why I encourage all fans in QLD/Northern NSW to get on board, and for those down south that want to know about the away trips to do the same.

[email protected]

Well the way I look at it, the way that you organise the packages would take a lot out of the "too hard basket" for people that wish to attend those matches who are not local or live in the surrounding areas and if it wasn't for your organised packages for those matches the Manly crowd at those matches wouldn't be as big.

I handed a lot of Mark's cards out at the Qld games and I was actually astonished about how the majority of Manly fans up there have little knowledge of the main site or Qld have a uniting supporter base. They were really excited to find out. I urge any one from the SE area and beyond to raise it with every supporter you meet. The Screaming Eagles for next year, I am sure, will enable the game ticket to be used locally. The more fans that keep in touch the bigger these events will be in the future.

One small example was I bought a ticket for my brother in law to the GC event and he mentioned it to a Manly fan during the week who had no idea that he could meet Arko and other fans. He showed up with his GF. That's 2 more paying and joining the fold. He bought raffle tickets and unbelievably scored the main prize of a signed jersey. I don't think he went to sleep that night!

niccipops link said:
As an ex-brookie hill resident now living on the GC, I want to say thanks to all the travellers that came up. The atmosphere was awesome. Not quite the hill at brookie, but close. Keep up the good  work peoples. Manly fans are one-eyed and extremely vocal. No wonder everybody hates us. But as Jethro says, \"No one likes us but we don't care.\"
so ure on gc nicci

im at ashmore where r u

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=180568.msg225622#msg225622 date=1243644691]
As an ex-brookie hill resident now living on the GC, I want to say thanks to all the travellers that came up. The atmosphere was awesome. Not quite the hill at brookie, but close. Keep up the good  work peoples. Manly fans are one-eyed and extremely vocal. No wonder everybody hates us. But as Jethro says, \"No one likes us but we don't care.\"
so ure on gc nicci

im at ashmore where r u
[/quote] Secret Agents can't give away their exact locations, but I'm down the lower end by the beach.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=180568.msg225638#msg225638 date=1243652751]

[quote author=niccipops link=topic=180568.msg225622#msg225622 date=1243644691]

so ure on gc nicci

im at ashmore where r u
[/quote]

Secret Agents can't give away their exact locations, but I'm down the lower end by the beach.
[/quote]

Is there still a beach? I thought that it had all washed away & only left sand cliff faces.

A few of my friends went up, didnt get the result but got some great photos

The best is arko Pusjing it up MANLY with the guys and our banner.

They also got choc, stewys X2, georgeous George, Wolfie just to name a few.

So it sounds like its well worth going to the functions as well

You missed a cracker Fluffy...
Re the Push it up Manly Banner...Jakey's biggest dissapointment of the trip (apart from the result) was that he couldn't get a photo of the banner with a nude guy called David on Cavelle Avenue on the Monday after the game.

There was a few of us down there (me, the kids, Scotty, Mouse, Kel, Phil and Jono) and funnily Jakey wasn't interested in a photo with the 2 glams in tiny gold bikini's and heels who accosted us to raise money for the meter maids (one of the ladies was from the Northern Beaches and had been at the game so was keen to chat) rather, he kept fidgetting to get away to the info centre to find "David"..(Not that there is anything wrong with that I suppose...)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4