News: Eagles eye Papua New Guinea blockbuster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY are looking to become the first NRL club to host a game in Papua New Guinea, with Sea Eagles boss Graham Lowe jetting to Port Moresby today to open discussions.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4763-eagles-eye-papua-new-guinea-blockbuster.html">Read the full article</a>

Three options there : Suncorp, PNG and NZ, only two games can be moved so interesting to see which ones we go with.

PNG would certainly be the best for the game, and possibly for building a fan base for the club. In any case looks to gosford is on the nose now, and a good thing too, I think.

I'm very impressed with what Graham Lowe has been doing lately to try and bring money into the club.  He's definitely thinking outside the square.

If the PNG game happens then this could be great for Manly with the fanatical support PNG has for rugby league.  And Lowe should also consider looking at putting a weekly Manly show on PNG tv like what is shown in NZ.

He is certainly trying to diversify the brand name by pushing it beyond the beaches.

I noted the "kiwi Eagles" section in the Sea Eagles news. Whilst i have some issues with this, expanding the market could be great for us.

Dan

PNG is a great idea IMO. We would be one of the first teams to go into a country with Rugby League as there national sport. I am surprised noone has done it before.

As for the second game i think it should be a toss up whether to play it in NZ or QLD. I would prefer it to be in QLD as then i get the opportunity to see another manly game and the fact that manly have a huge fan base up here.

With the NZ game we can always have our trial matches down there.

Play them where ever we are going to make the most money.

Looks like Central Coast is off the agenda

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7