News: Eagles missing Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" /><p>PREMIERSHIP-WINNING Manly coach Des Hasler has admitted his team are “hurting” for their suspended teammate Brett Stewart and are suffering without him in the side. </p><p>Opening up for the first time on the saga surrounding Stewart, Hasler also backed his star fullback to restore his battered reputation and again become one of the game’s leading role models. The representative fullback is currently halfway through his four-match suspension, imposed by the NRL after his drunken behaviour at the club’s season launch. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/eagles-missing-stewart.html">Read the full article</a>

Of course its all Brett Stewart's fault.  I actually thought that it was the other 17 players in the side's fault but I stand corrected. 

In other words our season depends entirely on Brett.  I suppose we do win only 25% of our games when brett isn't playing.  Heaven help us if he gets a serious injury. 

These statements below from Des takes away all doubt that Snake is guilty.

He's innocent innocent innocent!!

Des is a straight up and up guy and he wouldn't be flogging a dead horse.

The sooner Snake's integrity is restored the better.

“Brett Stewart is a decent person and (the players) know Brett Stewart is a decent person.

“Brett Stewart will again be a great role model.

“I think Brett Stewart is the best fullback in the world so obviously we’re going to miss him.”

OneEyedEagle link said:
These statements below from Des take away any doubt that Snake isn't innocent.

“Brett Stewart is a decent person and (the players) know Brett Stewart is a decent person.

“I think Brett Stewart is the best fullback in the world so obviously we’re going to miss him.”

How do you get the "guilty" verdict from those comments from Des?

OneEyedEagle link said:
These statements below from Des take away any doubt that Snake isn't innocent...
You meant "take away any doubt that Snake IS innocent"?

I love that the players and coach are showing their human reaction to erratic and patently unfair actions by Gallop. Not giving the "pat" answers that players are coached to give. Instead sticking up for their mate.

Rex link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=179838.msg215427#msg215427 date=1237963038]

These statements below from Des take away any doubt that Snake isn't innocent...

You meant "take away any doubt that Snake IS innocent"?

[/quote]

That's what I thought he meant but you never know so I thought I'd ask.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=179838.msg215427#msg215427 date=1237963038]
These statements below from Des take away any doubt that Snake isn't innocent.

How do you get the "guilty" verdict from those comments from Des?
[/quote]

No doubt in my mind, never has been and the statement above should remove doubt from anyone else’s mind also.

And message also corrected so there is no misunderstanding  :-X

Yes Des, the Eagles are missing Stewart. I know I am. He doesn't email or text me anymore. He doesn't send me flowers or sing me love songs. I clearly see that my only option left is stalking but I can't offord the plane ticket.

Never any doubts about his innocence.

I live in St George territory and have been defending him and will do until he's cleared.

I respect Des' opinion and it's clear he believes in Stewart..

As Kite said:
“I don’t think we carry that out on the field but it’s hard when you see what you think is an injustice and not to be upset by it,” the Test prop said after training at Narrabeen on Wednesday.

I know they are missing Stewart - how could they not, but I think it's also a matter of losing a few experienced players, new players, and changing positions, possible fatigue from their WCC victory...

Nevertheless I smell a victory for this Monday :-*

it frustrates me because all the people up here here something on the radio and take it for gospel they havent even read or heard anything else and then embellish it, I end up almost yelling at them.

They also don't know how easy it is to be refused service in Manly

OneEyedEagle link said:
These statements below from Des takes away all doubt that Snake is guilty.

He's innocent innocent innocent!! ............
I don't doubt that you don't not think snake is not guilty  ???

Dan link said:
it frustrates me because all the people up here here something on the radio and take it for gospel they havent even read or heard anything else and then embellish it, I end up almost yelling at them.

They also don't know how easy it is to be refused service in Manly

Frustration doesn't even begin to describe it.
The media and Gallop really do have something to answer for here.

As soon as I walked into our local club here, in my Manly shirt, i was met with - "Team of rapists", Watmough's thuggery and abuse of women, Stewart was drunk for 3 days..... it went on and on. I set them straight though...... Even with a few beers I was calm(ish ;) )....
Amazing how people hear one thing and something new but worse the next day and accept it all as true... and disregard any claims to the contrary...

I can feel your frustration...but hopefully it won't be for long...

Nutzcraw link said:
Two words.... Courier Mail.

Those F**kin arseholes will try and make you believe anything.

I have questions as to whether the friends involved would actually read newspapers.

One of the guys up here, who does and is actually intelligent was on the money last night, he is a Souths supporter and he was fuming that Brett got 4 and the others got 2 he was filthy at Gallop

be great to see him back. But will he fire on all cyclionders straight awya? he won't sve us but it will help:p

I actually wonder if coming back after the media cruxifiction will make him more likely to suffer an injury. Opposition players will target him too - hopefully he'll put the step on them.

Sigh... If only.....

I take it from lack of reports he has forgone the appeal to his suspension?

Also, did Manly appeal the $100,000 fine?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6