News: Eagles vow to atone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SENIOR Sea Eagles are committed to a repeat of their championship-winning 2008 NRL season with the pain of last year’s early finals’ departure still stinging.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4596-eagles-vow-to-atone.html">Read the full article</a>

I'm sure it is. What I'm most excited about:-

Hodkinson (hopefully)
Seu Seu
Fit King
George Rose
Jamie Lyon @ any time (fave player)
Shane Rodney (hopefully) TOTALLY rate the guy

Everybody is filled with confidence and excitement this time of year, me especially. My next door neighbour is a Sharkie supporter and he is confident they will make the 8, saying that top 4 is possible but unlikely. :)

Hodkinson is a superstar in the making. Watched him play in the Q Cup and can't wait for him to crack it in the NRL.
Been told by several Dragons supporters that Whare will be playing NRL as well by the end of the year as well.

12 months ago i felt deep down that we would struggle to back up.

This year im just so excited to see how this new post orford era shapes up.

Fluffy link said:

I think we all are TBH.  The commentators can write us off for missing Orford but I think we're all happy for it.

I'm thinking we'll have a good year this year then a GREAT year next. (But i'll take a great year this year also!) Am hanging for March 15th... Will be there with my brother who is a massive Tigers fan and who has already started with the verbal diarrhea. 

Also, I know sue-ridgepipe has heard from "inside" that Hodko will play in the 1/2's. Well, I have heard different. It is Lyon at 6 regardless. Potentially that means Hodko at 7, Foran in the centers with maybe Matai or Farrar???

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=182545.msg253449#msg253449 date=1267865159]

I think we all are TBH.  The commentators can write us off for missing Orford but I think we're all happy for it.
[/quote]

i have the same awe of excitement as March 2008

I have been suffering a bit of insomnia lately.... anyway a replay of the Bradford Bulls v Wigan Warriors game was on channel 9 early this morning.

Bradford were down 20 nil at half time.
Orford lead the second half comeback with a man of the match performance. It was his two individual tries that kick started the comeback.
Only time will tell how much we will miss his experience and leadership.
I did notice Orford didn't take any line dropouts or kick restarts. I found that slightly amusing, why he persisted with him taking line drop outs at Manly beats me.

The other big loss for us will be Hall. The big guy didn't stop all game and managed to score the match winning try.
I do believe Gulavao will play a very similar role to that of Hall.
Hopefully he is as valuable to the team as Hall was.

I am trying not to have massive expectations early on in the season.
I think it will take time for combinations to gel and really work.

Bring on Monday.

I think he big question will be, assuming Hodgko & Foran play together, whether Des will stick to a combo that is likely to have alot of ups and downs in the 1st month of the season, as all young and inexperieced halves combos do, or whether he goes to an early Plan B. Will be a very interesting 1st month.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8