News: Elsegood vows to help Eagles move on 25 Jun 09 @ 03:37pm by Jason A

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="content-item"> <p>INCOMING Sea Eagles board member Jack Elsegood has pledged to provide an “unbiased” voice as the club slowly rebuilds its back office. </p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4031-elsegood-vows-to-help-eagles-move-on-25-jun-09-0337pm-by-jason-a.html">Read the full article</a>

First thing he must do - wear that dodgy gold sparkly jacket from the Footy Show to his first meeting.  Man those were the days...

If I remember correctly Elsegood was a hottie in his day. Won league's sexiest man one year, just like Stewy did in '07. Hopefully he's a productive board member for the mighty Sea Eagles.

He seems to have made a decent career for himself since leaving, racing cars in the utes is not easy or cheap to get in to.

Brookvale link said:
doesnt he work for Delmege real estate??

From the News article attached to this thread and posted by B_e:

Elsegood, owner of three northern beaches Delmege Residential agencies

Peace symbol: Elsegood replaces Delmege on Manly board
June 30, 2009

A BEACHFRONT home in Narrabeen has become the unlikely symbol for peace at Manly following the promotion of former winger Jack Elsegood on to the club's splintered board.

Elsegood, who will replace co-owner Max Delmege on the seven-man board, said he would likely have a better relationship with chairman Scott Penn than Delmege did, and his sale of Penn's property is a reflection of his ability to achieve that.

"To trust me with a fairly substantial asset like that I guess shows the level of trust we've got for one another," said Elsegood, who works for Delmege Residential. "I'm just as happy to talk business with Scott as I am to have a beer with him."

That will be a comforting sign for many at Manly, whose board has endured fractious times this year. The bitter infighting between the Penn and Delmege factions led to the resignation of chief executive Grant Mayer.

But there have since been signs of peace. First, Rick Penn stood down from the board to make way for northern beaches lawyer Kerry Chrysiliou. Then Delmege followed suit, although in Elsegood's absence Delmege, credited along with Scott Penn for saving Manly from financial ruin, will be alternate director.

While also being able to work with Penn, Elsegood is also close to long-time Manly official Peter Peters, who is a relative of the Penns.

"We [he and Delmege] had spoken about it [joining the board] for the last 12 to 18 months," Elsegood said. "At that point in time it was something that hadn't been pushed or required. But while Max is a more than capable person to deal with it, the circumstances at the club have changed a bit.

"There have been some personality clashes. Max has only ever wanted the best for the club, and this is going to relieve a lot of tension. I get on well with Scott Penn and his entire family. There's no ill-feeling there whatsoever."

Glenn Jackson

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/peace-symbol-for-sea-eagles/2009/06/29/1246127478873.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6