News: England wants Storm stripped of WCC title

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THEY'VE lost two premierships, three minor premierships and all competition points this season but the pain is not over for Melbourne.  Within days, the Storm is expected also to be stripped of the last remaining honour of the Craig Bellamy era -- the 2010 World Club Challenge.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4988-england-wants-storm-stripped-of-wcc-title.html">Read the full article</a>

Why was this not brought up in April?
Are they just trying to drag out Melbournes painas long as possible?
I'm actually ok with that!

Allow me first to say that I hate the purple cheating scum.... but...

The bloody Pommies don't have a salary cap. They were beaten by an Australian Club team. Whether or not they were beaten by a team that didn't play with the NRL financial rules is of no concern to them.

They've sunk $billions into Sport over the last few years. About time, too.

No.... stuff 'em. They were beaten by Australia, AGAIN.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Gallop must have forgot that LOL

We didn't though.  We've been saying that we're still the current Premiers and WC Champions ever since the story broke. ;D

only idiots have been waying we are current WCC champs as everyone else knows they were not stripped of that and nor should they be as the two codes play under different regulations.

Just strip Storm of it, and the title goes to the team who won it before that.....the CURRENT World Club Champs ;)

The Poms probably only want to claim victory by default !

manlyborn link said:

Wasn't going to bring this up but English club's lead the Australian club's in the WCC 11 to 7.
They also have a salary cap and an international player quota (I think it's 5 out of a squad of 25 at this stage).

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=184325.msg278974#msg278974 date=1280185620]
I was refering more to the fact that for them to win it has to be in there backyard and in there time frame.
On a level playing field (so to speak) they have hardly dominated us in test football for quite a few years now!

Wasn't going to bring this up but English club's lead the Australian club's in the WCC 11 to 7.
They also have a salary cap and an international player quota (I think it's 5 out of a squad of 25 at this stage).
[/quote]

Mick Juice link said:
Do the ESL clubs play under the same salary cap as us??

No. Differnet rules, but they also have to contend with a international player quota as well.

Salary Cap Rules is as follow's

The Super League operates under a salary cap system that will calculate a club’s salary cap position at the start of and throughout the season.
The combined earnings of the Top 25 players must not exceed £1.6 million
Clubs will only be allowed to sign a new player if they have room under the cap.
Clubs are allowed to spend a maximum of £50,000 on players outside the Top 25 earners who have made at least one first grade appearance for the club during the year.
Costs for players outside of the Top 25 earners who do not make a first team appearance will be unregulated.
Any player who has played for the same Club for at least 10 consecutive seasons will have half their salary excluded from the Salary Cap for his eleventh and subsequent seasons. This is subject to a maximum of £50,000 for any one club.

I think the biggest question should be would the Storm make the WCC if they had an illegal squad

Its actually £1.65m (AUD~$2.85m).
http://www.superleague.co.uk/article.php?id=14430

How do they find the money to steal top line NRL players?
With a cap like that, its little wonder why the Super League is so poor

i reckon storm should keep it remind every one & them that those were the years they cheated,,

hay what about the players who have a UK passport of European passport? would that mean that these clubs in the Uk can bring in players from Aus and not effect the quota?

That would make sense with the player drain because alot of peaople in Aust have british / european heritage, even I can get a UK passport if i could be bothered.

actually we will give the poms the WCC  trophy if they let us have the ashes for 100 yrs.. after all we dominated them for well over a decade & never got to take the ashes home with us ... 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6