News: Fears that Kite may fly Sea Eagles' coop to England

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
AFTER fighting his way back into the NSW Origin side after his snubbing last year, Test prop Brent Kite is the subject of speculation in Britain that this year's series could be his last after being linked with a move to Super League.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3937-fears-that-kite-may-fly-sea-eagles-coop-to-england.html">Read the full article</a>

This now makes it even more important that we retain hargraves so that he can fill kite's shoes when he leaves.  Also princess must be off contract also at the end of next year and he may also go overseas.

I would hate to lose Kite. Even when he is average, he is better than the rest of the Prop rotation. He is much more mobile and consistent.

It would be a loss if we lost him, sure his form hasn't been great this season but when he plays above average he can have allot of impact i.e Grand Final.

Both going would not be a great loss imo.  Younger, hungrier players coming through is a good thing.  What I'd like to see is a forward playing for us who consistently runs forward.  Rodney and Rose are good examples, Kite and Princess are not.  Team renewal; players, board members and officials would be good.   

DSM5 link said:
Both going would not be a great loss imo.  Younger, hungrier players coming through is a good thing.  What I'd like to see is a forward playing for us who consistently runs forward.   Rodney and Rose are good examples, Kite and Princess are not.  Team renewal; players, board members and officials would be good.     

DSM5 Kite is a great player yes he may not be in form at the moment as he has said himself but to say Kite should go is wrong mate.

he has easily been our most consistent forward over tyhe last few years and has a good couple of years in him prior to superannution time.

it would be great to have JWH learn from Kite over the next few years

Fluffy link said:
he has easily been our most consistent forward over tyhe last few years and has a good couple of years in him prior to superannution time.

it would be great to have JWH learn from Kite over the next few years

Fluffy Agree. That's if we don't lose JWH to the Roosters or any other club for that matter ?

Don't forget that just 14 games ago or so, Kite was the best player in the GF.

Another 2 years our of Kite before he gets a good pay day would be great.

That was 14 games ago.  He's past it.  Now he drops balls, runs laterally, gives away penalties.  Hasler can see this by putting him on the bench.  All good players have to move on at some stage.  We got the best out of him, a GF and mom at that one.  Good for him.  He can go and lift his knees with Ox at some midland middling comp in ESL. 

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more with that.

While I think it is a bit fanciful to suggest Kite will be NSW's enforcer, to say he is past it is outrageous.

Yeah, but DSM says some things which I agree with.

This is not one of them however. Kite still has loads to offer the Sea Eagles.

This would be the biggest loss - equal with Beaver going.

Major major loss - this infighting is taken all the fun out of last years win

Kite's nickname this year is labrador- always bludging on the blind.  Now he would have a sensational year if only Chad Randall was still hooker.  

Seriously Kite, Hargraves and Orford are looking to go eslewhere next year because they are sick and tired of the constant bickering amongst the board members. 

Word also amongst the player managers is that no player wants to come to Manly next year because of the crap going on. 

Kingy will be the leader of our pack when Kite goes so we are in very good hands and have nothing to worry about.  Phil Morewood is also primed to take over from Kite.

I normally love your enthusiastic posts kingyfan, but you are going into past and Orifice territory with that one. Trawling news articles from weeks ago and posting outside the boardroom toilets is beneath you ;)

We have all had differing opinions on Kingy's form over the years but he has hit his straps again and to put him and Morewood in the same paragraph is a great injustice.

You all pilloried me when i didn't genuflect at the alter of the Great Ox.  Now some of you have come around to looking at the team with more reality.  Kite has given us his best and needs to move on.  He's not the force he was and people should admit it.  No good comes of hanging onto players who are on the decline.   

Remember when Kite started he was known as having some of the "worst hands in the NRL"

He seems to be missing a spark at the moment, in fact the whole team are. I think getting into the finals by the skin of our teeth would add the spark and the players will start surprising us again. However next year we need to trim the fat and start again.

You all laughed at me when I said we should aim for 1 in 5 or 3 and forget about going back to back, instead immediately start the rebuilding process.........oh how you mocked me, saying it was possibly the worst call ever......funny how people change their tunes hey DSM5?

Fluffy link said:
it was rediculous dan, 2 in 5 would have been right

How many teams go 2 in 5

It takes 3 years minimum to build a decent team

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8