News: Foran’s pay rise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="content-item"><div class="module-header">SEA Eagles teenager Kieran Foran is set to become one of the most sought-after players in the game with selection in the New Zealand team at the end of the season tipped to pour a further $100,000 on to his contract. </div><div class="module-header" />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4200-forans-pay-rise.html">Read the full article</a>

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
``Manly have got to make every post a winner to make sure they sign one of the most exciting players coming through.’’
  It'd be easier to do that if we had a CEO.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=181414.msg237508#msg237508 date=1250723036]
``Manly have got to make every post a winner to make sure they sign one of the most exciting players coming through.’’
[/quote]And you call me Captain? :) 
(You do have a point!)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=181414.msg237508#msg237508 date=1250723036]
[/quote]

What do you call Peter Spray?

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181414.msg237572#msg237572 date=1250761058]
[/quote]

What do you call Peter Spray?
[/quote]

Peter!
or
Mr Spray!

Good to see that he is contracted until the end of next season. There was a little confusion over whether he was with us until the end of this season.

It gives us time to develop his game and hopefully he will repay the faith and want to assist us in maintaining a successful playing outfit.

And if the Roosters tolerate mediocrity for yet another season than that will work in our favour as well. He seems to have strong ties with them.

What I like about Foran is that he looks like be belongs with the big boys. Never in his five appearances has he looked as if he was out of his league. A very positive sign for a teenager. He's got all the physical attributes a half would need. He has been handpicked from a very dominant Toyota cup side which is a huge compliment to his ability. All the signs are good.

I am assuming that if Todd carney signs with the Rooster as epxected then they might drop off.  Considering they will have Pearce/Carney/Anasta to cover the halves positions they would be foolish to pay big money for Foran or another half/5-8.  Additionally if LKerian thinks he will play alongside his brother in the NRL at the chooks he is dreaming.

I am also guessing that they will sign Lote, so a major chunk of their available cap will be taken up by him.  We would then be in a position to match/beat in any offer.

The Wheel link said:
I am assuming that if Todd carney signs with the Rooster as epxected then they might drop off.  Considering they will have Pearce/Carney/Anasta to cover the halves positions they would be foolish to pay big money for Foran or another half/5-8.  Additionally if LKerian thinks he will play alongside his brother in the NRL at the chooks he is dreaming.

I am also guessing that they will sign Lote, so a major chunk of their available cap will be taken up by him.  We would then be in a position to match/beat in any offer.

Do you honestly think Anasta has that long left at the roosters?

Could be his last contract I reckon

Didnt he just re-sign recently for a 'long' period - not sure when it expires though - Hopefully he will still be there in 2011

I'm very pleased to read that Foran will be in Manly colors up until the end of 2010 for now anyway, I thought the Rorters had signed him. We need to sign him up now ok JWH is off to the Rorters let's not lose Foran as well I'm sure Dessie is on to it.

The road looks more blocked for him at the Roosters than it does with us

Apparently Sa will be the casualty if Tuqiri signs with the Chooks

Actually Sa could be great value at the right club - dangerous player IMO

He certainly would be wheel. Can play centre, 5/8 and also lock

Just needs the laziness knocked out of him and he could be anything. He was a couple of years below me at school, and was a standout rugby player, and had to choose between NZRFU, Warriors and Roosters when he was 16.
Warriors offered 20k and he agreed to that, but then the Chooks came along with 100k so he ended up there

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8