News: Gallop to look for maximum dollars, maximum exposure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="articleBody" />
<p>NRL boss David Gallop says the game's eagerly anticipated new television deal could lead to games on free-to-air TV on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of each round.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4589-gallop-to-look-for-maximum-dollars-maximum-exposure.html">Read the full article</a>

ManlyBacker link said:
NRL boss David Gallop says the game's eagerly anticipated new television deal could lead to games on free-to-air TV on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of each round.

No thanks, CH9 is whats killing the game with its crap treatment of fans, this day and age we demand LIVE games not the rubbish they dish up late Fri night and Sun arvo.  :mad:

In the words of the biggest tool of all on 9: "No, No, No, No, No!"
Bring back the ABC live game on Saturdays!

The TV contract should have some "use it or lose it" clauses to make the free to air channels do the right thing.  All F2A games should be shown live and where two games are concurrent their digital channel should provide viewers choice. 

Gallop needs to understand he owns the whip hand in these negotiations - if the F2A channels won't play ball, sell it to Fox.  The remaining 50% of NSW/Qld viewers who haven;t taken up their service will miraculously find the $15 per week it requires, I'm sure of that. 

Matabele link said:
The TV contract should have some \"use it or lose it\" clauses to make the free to air channels do the right thing.

Good Idea ! ! !

I wish they would sort out the Overseas rights. Rugby League will never become a truly global game until they make it available to free to air channels in the likes of Ireland and the UK and US. If they did this sure it would lose a few bob but it would make the world sit up and take notice. I live in Ireland and at the moment i know hundreds of guys who want to watch the NRL but either dont have any idea where to watch it. None of the old services are showing it now (Setanta 28euros/PerMonth for 2 games a week they have dropped NRL after they went broke) or (Sky Sports about 15 Euros per month but with Tulson Toilet commentating at half time Arghhh Sky sports let it go but to be honest they show far too many sports to do it justice anyway) niether of these stations have it anymore so we have to watch it on Broadband and its delayed and Ireland has the worst broadband speeds in Europe so that idea is stuffed as well. Fix it here Gallop bloody hell!!!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6