News: Galuvao OK to step aside for young Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not only is he playing great, but he's a rarity in Rugby League....not just after number 1 (himself)...my opinion of this guy just went through thr roof!!

Some fans never realised why we signed Joe. He is important to our culture. Oh yes, and by the way, he can also play the game.

He is a real quality part of our club. Even if we can't keep him on the park it would be nice if we could find something off the park for him. Guys like himself and Kite play a very big part behind the scenes with the younger members of the squad

Kiwi Eagle said:
He is a real quality part of our club. Even if we can't keep him on the park it would be nice if we could find something off the park for him. Guys like himself and Kite play a very big part behind the scenes with the younger members of the squad

Would you say Big Joe's our version of Ruben Wiki?

I've heard that during Wiki's last years @ the Warriors the younger Maori's and Islander's he took them under his wing and more or less told them what was expected of them.

IMO he is worth a contract with how he is playing. He wont cost us a fortune, will be be great till someone like Cunningham is ready or we find another player ready to step up. Most importantly why wouldn't we sign him with the sort of footy he is playing.

Souths shafted him, as did the Eels and he didn't want to come here but the guy has been terrific for us and for him to come out as say what he has tells me that the club has a good culture.

Good onya Joe, players like you are are rarety and are welcome at the club, it's a pity we didn't sign youn 3 or 4 years ago.

Joe's proven he's willing to put the teams interests before his own.Nice to see a bloke who shows some loyalty and is not just a mercenary.

What a champ! I hope he is running around again for us next year. He is playing great.

eagles2win said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Would you say Big Joe's our version of Ruben Wiki?

I've heard that during Wiki's last years @ the Warriors the younger Maori's and Islander's he took them under his wing and more or less told them what was expected of them.

Probably couldn't go that far, Wiki is like a good for the young islander boys

In our squad Kite will be a closer role to that, but Big Joe is a great influence

Moondog said:
Joe's proven he's willing to put the teams interests before his own.Nice to see a bloke who shows some loyalty and is not just a mercenary.

Mercenary is how I describe JWH. Its now not hard to see Joe as more valuable to the side over the next 12 months that JWH would have been. Better financially too I would guesstimate !

What a credit guys like Big Joe are to the game. He deserves so much more for his contributions to the game over the years instead of some of the grubs running around these days. He's put himself into the Ben Kennedy class in my opinion. His time with Manly may be short but it will be memorable and go down as another club legend.

Amazing what a year makes!
Last year, and the off-season, poor old Joe was lucky to keep his walking stick. Too old, too slow, too everything. This Forum wrote him off at every available chance!
Six games into the season, it's "Look out Lordy - there's a bloke here who equals you!"
Thank Gawd it's Easter!

Got hand it to the Coach, who believed in him and turned his footy career around and now we want to put him on the pedestal next to Ben Kennedy.

Don't get me wrong - I, too, reckon the guy is playing great footy.
But let's not go overboard on the guy you guys wanted to crucify (pun intended) all last year.

Joe was always a tryer I wouldn't put him on the Cross level by any means

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4