News: George Rose set for return in WCC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="article-header"> <div class="article-title">FORGOTTEN Manly prop George Rose admitted after being selected to revive his career in Sunday's World Club Challenge that he feared he would never even walk properly again. </div> </div> <p>Rose will play his first serious top grade game in 18 months since suffering a double compound fracture of the leg in a match against Melbourne - an injury which required two lengthy operations and could have ended his career. </p> <p>"When I looked at my leg two years ago, I was worried I wouldn't be able to walk properly let alone play," he said following his selection on the bench for the Elland Road clash with Leeds. </p> <p>"It's been such a long, hard road back, from walking to running, to changing direction. I had good days and bad days. The club signed other players and I was concerned that I wasn't in their plans. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/george-rose-set-for-return-in-wcc.html">Read the full article</a>

Manly could have dumped this guy.  Many clubs would have.  Says it all about the club no matter what others say.  I hope he has a blinder and stakes his claim to be in the side permanently. 

George just had the ability to connect with the fans when he played, I guess it is just the sight of a guy being able to play NRL with a bit of gut that gave us all a bit of hope that maybe we too could have mixed it out on the field.

It was just great to see him out there working hard last week. After the sight of him lying there with his leg going out at a crazy angle...tough buggers play this game.

Ian Martin tragic link said:
It was just great to see him out there working hard last week. After the sight of him lying there with his leg going out at a crazy angle...tough buggers play this game.

yeah i was just thinking that how impossible does it feel to have somehting that broken be able to walk again let alone run at a competitive level.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4