News: Halves are hot to trot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>GUN Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran is promising more flair in his NRL partnership with Daly Cherry-Evans this season.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5318-halves-are-hot-to-trot.html">Read the full article</a>

DCE...future SOO half for Queensland....we'll be looking good for this year and great f0r 2012

Actually thinking a big year for Liam Foran.
If anything gives a young bloke a kick up the ass it'll be playing alongside his brother.

Ant80 link said:
Actually thinking a big year for Liam Foran.
If anything gives a young bloke a kick up the ass it'll be playing alongside his brother.
What has this thread got to do with Liam Foran?
You hijacker  ;D

THEIR premiership-winning halfback has just signed with Canberra two years after being ushered out the door at Manly.

But Sea Eagles captain Jamie Lyon and five-eighth Kieran Foran are convinced rookie No. 7 Daly Cherry-Evans is the man to lead the side around the park in 2011.

Even if means a dose of groundhog day at Brookvale.

A year after rookie Trent Hodkinson was thrust into the No. 7, 21-year-old Cherry-Evans will give the Sea Eagles yet another NRL greenhorn playmaker and once again leave the 2008 premiers with the youngest halves in the competition.

But as the Redcliffe junior prepares for the debut he's been patiently awaiting for four years, Lyon predicts the rookie is ready to eclipse even the impact of Hodkinson, who played for City after just eight NRL appearances.

"They are different sorts of players, but I think he'll have just as big an impact as Trent, if not bigger," Lyon said following a gruelling sprint and gym session at the Sea Eagles' Narrabeen base. "I don't want to put too much pressure on him, but we're quietly confident he can do a great job."

Cherry-Evans spent 2010 biding his time with the Eagles' Queensland Cup feeder side, Sunshine Coast, where he won the player of the year, just as Hodkinson did in 2009. And the busy playmaker is confident his apprenticeship has made him ready for the step up.

It also means rekindling his scrumbase partnership with Kiwi international Foran after the pair led Manly's 2009 Toyota Cup team to the minor premiership.

When former captain Orford moved to England last year, Cherry-Evans was overlooked for Hodkinson in the Eagles' top 25.

And in a strange way Hodkinson's success has paved the way. "It's definitely given me confidence," Cherry-Evans said. "He's sort of done the same path as me so I can only hope I can go as well as him."

Cherry-Evans admits he was disappointed to miss the NRL last year.

"But in hindsight now that I've done those years in Toyota Cup and the Queensland Cup I think I'm definitely prepared well," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherry-evans-ripe-for-the-big-time/story-e6frexnr-1225986538366

Can't wait to see DCE get his chance.
Hodkinson was a good all rounder but I'm looking forward to seeing a genuine attacking half in the number 7. I'm hoping DCE has bulked up a little in the off season so we don't lose to much defensively, the kid has served his apprenticeship without spitting the dummy..which to me shows character.

Not only that, but a half that actually wants to be here, and enjoys our systems is always a bonus too.

Liam Foran won't get a run. Most clubs carry 4 halves in their system to cover injury, Liam is number 4 on the list. He will only play if Kieran Foran or DCE go down and Lyon is unavailable at 5/8 to replace one of them

master blaster link said:
whats this with Orford,ushered out the door,he was the one that left us high and dry.

From what i can tell,Lowe couldnt find a pen and Orford was only getting older

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4