News: Hasler hails new era

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SEA Eagles coach Des Hasler is convinced the club is on the brink of a new era next season, regardless of Manly’s quiet off-season recruitment drive.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5243-hasler-hails-new-era.html">Read the full article</a>

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289473992[/time]

I always check that something hasn't made these forums before. Thanks BE - you got me this time! :)

Going by some of the comments elsewhere, there are numerous 'glass half empty' types posting on here.

All things considered, we should have a pretty solid 2011 - especially if Brett Stewart and D. Williams pull up ok and remain injury free.
It's important to remember that Des has only missed out once on getting the team to the finals and that was his first season. And some of those years were challenging -

2008 - Brett Stewart saga. Anthony Watmough pre-season brainfart.

2009 - Brett Stewart injured. Plus David Williams out all year.

2005 - Michael Monaghan saga when the club was chasing Orford.

Fingers crossed, but I think they'll go ok.

Plus a new state government in 2011 with at least one influential local MP in Mike Baird (likely to be the next treasurer of NSW) - so the possibility of more money for Brookvale is there if the Club is smart and pro-active enough. Once the Council has finished bringing the ground up to a reasonable baseline, the Club can pursue additional seating in existing grandstands as well as the proposed stands on the Hill and the southeast corner.

Whilst Graham Lowe may not be the answer to all our prayers CEO- wise - he has the disposition the Club needed in an interim CEO. Easygoing, respected in the wider footballing community, likeable and obviously a man of some character given the health issues he has had to face. 

The Club's reputation took a hit, I think unfairly, after the events of March 2009 and it will take time to rebuild the brand.   

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2